Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Framing Nailers

I have the PC framing nailer -- got it and about 6,000 various size nails for the same price on Amazon as the local borg sold the nailer for a couple of years ago. I'd buy it again without any question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Use a Senco 750xl myself. It's a beast and 15k nails have been shot through it without a single jam. One particularly sweet element is the number of lengths AND shank diameters that it can handle:

FramePro 750XL nailers drive 2" to 3 12" smooth shank nails
    (Sencote® or plain); 2" to 3" ring-shank nails; 3" screw-shank and
    clipped Dhead nails. Shank diameters include .113", .120",
    .131" and .148"

Just some food for thought.

michael

Another for Bostich

I have the Bostitch N88RH-2MCN Industrial High-Powered Round Head Framing Nailer and Metal Connector. It works great. I have had it for about 4-5 years now and no problems with it jamming. I also like the Metal Connector feature. I don't need that a lot but it has come in handy the few times I've used it. I got it when I needed a Framing nailer and figured for about the same price why not get one that has a dual function.

Good luck with your search!

I second the Bostich/Hitachi

I am currently using a Bostich and it is a dependable workhorse. I have also used a Hitachi in the past that was also a bulletproof framing nailer. I believe they are the best in the business. Check with some everyday framers and see what they would recommend. I have a friend who is a great framer and he has only ever used a Hitachi. Check used and craigslist.

I just bought a $450.00 bostich MIII flooring nailer from home-depot's rental department for 200 bucks (an absolute steal) I know it is dangerous to but rental equipment but this nailer is absolutely perfect and works beautifully

Get the Max SN883RH. This is the Festool of framing nailers. Compact, lightweight and very powerful. Max also makes a high pressure nailer that puts all the nailers to shame.

Dan

Ive used them all and currently have three Bostitch, two Dewalts and a Hitachi. All framing nailers and we use them all almost every day. I can tell you this much from using all three of these guns, they are all workhorses and all perform really well, the deWalt is the cheapest in price and although I have only had them for about a year Im really impressed with them. What sold me on them is the weight, a full pound less than the other two models. When you use one of these things all day long that one pound of weight is a God send.
    You can do what you want but for the money the deWalt would be a great buy at only $100 from the bay you cant beat it really. I also use nothing but small pancake compressors (lug a big one around a job site once or twice and you'll be convinced) and they do FINE. They dont cycle continuously like some have said and if they do its because of a leak. From nailing off floors and roofs to framing walls the smaller compressors will do fine, just get a good one, dont skimp on price here and you wont regret it.
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Hitachi- Hitachi- Hitachi-
    Oh By the way did I mention Hitachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Roth View Post
    I have the Bostitch N88RH-2MCN Industrial High-Powered Round Head Framing Nailer and Metal Connector. It works great. I have had it for about 4-5 years now and no problems with it jamming. I also like the Metal Connector feature. I don't need that a lot but it has come in handy the few times I've used it. I got it when I needed a Framing nailer and figured for about the same price why not get one that has a dual function.

Good luck with your search!
    I also have this one. Never a problem using it in home handyman mode. I bought it when Amazon had it on sale for $188. With Fathers Day coming up there might be deals at Toolking, CPOBosch(reconditioned) or Amazon.
    Al

The Max weighs just over 7 lbs and is much more compact and ergonomic than the old clunky Hitachi design. The Max has very little recoil as compared to the Hitachi. The Hitachi is a solid gun but its heavy , bulky and the recoil is the worst I have ever used.

Dan

bostich full head reconditioned nailer

[quote=Brian Weick;867251]What I mean by that is , problems ,jambs,and just plain malfunctioning every other day~don't be penny wise and pound foolish ` Bostitch/Hitachi ~ I know they are higher than other brands out there but speaking from experience, I am 99% sure that when I use it , it is going to work flawlessly, the 1% left is because that usually has to do with me being absent minded, forgetting to open the line valve.
    I have learned that you can get away with certain tools on the inexpensive mind set , and maybe get away with it,~ I think this is one of those tools you don't want to gamble with.
    Just My 2 cents,
    Brian

View Cart | Customer Service | Order Status

Bostitch Pneumatic Tools Nailers Framing Nailers
    Bostitch Factory-Reconditioned 21° Industrial High-Power Round Head Stick Framing Nailer

Model U/N88RH

Click image to enlarge

This item qualifies for
    FREE Standard Shipping!
    Retail Price:
    $329.95

Our Price:
    $219.95

Special Offer:

$189.95

You Save:
    $140.00
    (42%)

Availability: Ready to Ship

• 1,000 in.-lbs. of driving power to tackle tough engineered lumber applications
    • Lightweight magnesium housing for jobsite durability
    • Patented push button depth control for quick flush nailing adjustments
    • Molded rubber comfort grip designed to last longer
    • Aggressive toe-nailing teeth grip lumber for slip free toe-nailing
    • Tool-free adjustable exhaust conveniently directs exhaust away from the user
    • No-mar tip for sheathing and decking
    Includes:

• Industrial High-Power Round Head Stick Framing Nailer - U/N88RH

free freight and 25 dollars off if you use paypal

Hello,
    I'm looking for ones that are not prone to jam, have enough power to get through pressure treated wood and laminated beams, and can get nails at the borgs.
    Bostitch F28WW fits all the criteria and then some.
    I'm 110% satisfied w/mine. No jams so far in > 5000 fasteners.
    Power to fasten a treated 2x4 to concrete.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I had a working Senco SN4 (?), used it for 10 yrs or so and worked great. Tried to rebuild it myself, changing out the o-rings ..hasnt been the same since

I used a PorterCable from my office and its 10 lbs lighter and worked GREAT on my deck / misc frraming i had to do last winter.

I've use and owned over the years Paslodes, Bostitch, Senco, Porter Cable and now currently use a Hitachi coil framer and the Impulse Paslode cordless with the fuel cells. I don't do near the framing I used to, the knees and back argue to much. The Bostitch and Porter Cable were the least reliable. Paslodes have always been excellent. Senco's (at least in my area) have very high repair costs. My Hitachi coil nailer I use the most now, has the most "punch" of any gun I've had. This takes full round head nails, which some municipalities are now requiring for code. The Paslode Impulse is very handy for quick or small jobs but does have more maintainence. It needs to be tore down and cleaned throroughly on a regular basis for reliable service. This will except the clipped head and RounNail, which has an offset head, but is considered full by building officials. I've also have heard that the Hitachi stick nailer has always been a mainstay for many framing crews.

There was a big debate I read online quite awhile back (1 yr or so) when I was looking for a nailer. It was clipped head vs roundhead and how Zoning rules were going to be applied or argued anyways. The discussion was about shear strength for what it's worth. I'd go with the Dewalt or Porter. But, that Porter is a big heavy beast.

FWIW

PASLODE - I think its the 350 - I've had mine for years in a need where I had no electricty - so no compressor.

Works awesome - no cords - just gass and the little battery! I've only had one issue where one of the batteries doesn't fit snug, so sometimes loses its connection on big hits...

Otherwise 5 stars!