Thread: Mounting Rockler Drill Press Table?

Question Mounting Rockler Drill Press Table?

Hi all - I ordered the drill press table from Rockler, which arrived this week. I am having trouble mounting it to the standard table on my drill press - a Delta 12". (BTW - the table seems huge on a bench top DP).

Following the instructions, I have mounted the two flanges underneath the table, and no matter how much I tighten down the hold-downs, the slightest bump moves the table, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a fence. I've tightened them down almost to the point where the flanges are ripped out of the MDF underneath the table, but no luck.

So those of you that have this table - How did you have this same problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks - James

I have that same table and so far it's not moved, but I'm not stressing it much either - I was NOT impressed with their 2 screw-in tee nuts tho, and if/when they slip I'll be putting FOUR tee nuts in from the TOP, recessed slightly - then with 4 hold-downs it should be pretty solid.

BTW, my table is square (floor model press) but even with a round table, using twice as many hold-downs and top mount tee nuts should be OK.

Hope this helps... Steve

Oh, also one of the routed mdf fence pieces was broken out before I even opened the box - a call to customer service and I had a new one in a couple days. Rockler has always treated me like that, so no complaints there.

James,

I have a Woodpecker table and have mounted it on first a 12" Delta benchtop and then 17" floor model using probably four (4) #14 sheet metal screws with washers. I add washers to fit the slot under the metal table to keep the screws from coming through the wood table. Try to spread the screws out to maximum spacing.

I have the Rockler table on my Delta 300L. Although it's rather large for the drill press, it fits fine. I didn't have any problems mounting it to the drill press table.
    DP_M_1alt-453x600.jpg
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Thanks for the replies. I think ultimately, I will be buying a new drill press, so I'm not too eager to drill too many holes in it until I know where they need to be. Who knows, this may be an excuse to get a new drill press early...

I liked the idea of washers and screws that don't go all the way through. I may try that one.

Thanks!