Things I don't understand

Women
    Droopy Pants
    Rap Music
    Coffee Can Exhausts
    Senior Citizens going to the bank and post office at 12:00
    Paying for Water (Bottled)
    400+ HP Cars
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 06-10-2008 at 1:06 PM.

Especially if the woman is a senior citizen sipping bottled water while in line at the post office at noon wearing droopy pants listening to rap music on her iPod. Her senior citizen boyfriend is revving up his 400+ HP car so he can hear his CC exhausts clatter.

That is definitely not something I understand. And I've seen this, though they were not senior citizens but well past the age of appropriateness (not to say this is ever appropriate) and the car was no where near 400+ HP, it was just a souped up civic, but you get the idea.
    -==--==--==--==--==--==--==-
    Karlan Talkington

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day,
    that my children may have peace." -- Thomas Paine

Support the Creek! Donate Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Moyer View Post
    Following the lead of another thread

Women
    Droopy Pants
    Rap Music
    Coffee Can Exhausts
    Senior Citizens going to the bank and post office at 12:00
    Paying for Water (Bottled)
    400+ HP Cars
    I didn't get the bottled water thing either until I moved somewhere that uses ground water for drinking water and discovered just how bad it tastes. the rest I'm right there with you

There's so much I don't understand - and the more I learn, the more I realize how little I understand.

One which has been on my mind lately is old people. How is it that as people gain more experience of a complex world, they get less tolerant and more selfish.

Yah, and women too. But also most men.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

When I got out of college everything was black and white or right or wrong. Over the years, things grayed a lot. Now some things are very black and white and other are quite gray. I guess you get my drift. One of the things I hate is loud unnecessary noise.

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    One which has been on my mind lately is old people. How is it that as people gain more experience of a complex world, they get less tolerant and more selfish.

Well, I like to give older people a little bit of slack. Many of them are lonely, even if married. Many really don't have anything other than death to look forward to. Even at middle age, we can cling to the hope that things will get better. When you get a certain age, it must be kind of depressing that things will only get worse. Not to mention that elderly people are generally seen as a nuisance and pushed aside in our society..

Watch when an elderly person goes into a restuarant. More often than not, the waitress assigned will roll her eyes, thinking she will only get a $1 tip.. Attitude like that is everywhere..

There is one misery that older people share. Lack of money. Method of collecting and distributing Social Security.Clifford

Brian,
    There is bad tasting well water and there is absolutely "great" tasting well water, it all depends on the aquifer and the type of minerals in the water. I have a well and I drink mostly bottled water cause my water smells like sulpher.
    Bob,
    I have been listening to country music for years and find quite a bit of the current country music sounding a lot like rap. Thank goodness of push buttons on radios.
    Does anyone understand women other than other women?
    Droopy pants. I figure if the person wants to look like a dork, its their problem not mine.
    I had coffee can mufflers or something similar when I was a kid. They lasted about a week before installing a stock muffler. Couldn't stand the noise inside the car.
    Hey, what's wrong with standing in line at the bank and Post Office at noon, I am retired so I can stand in line when ever I want. I don't really stand in any lines because I had enough of that in the Army. I bank on line and all packages mailed have pre printed postage on them from the Postal Internet site.
    There are lots of things that I don't understand but being a senior citizen and on lots of meds I can't remember what they are. Maybe I should get in the line at the pharmacy, nope, can't do that either cause my drugs are ordered on line too.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    How is it that as people gain more experience of a complex world, they get less tolerant and more selfish.
    (set curmudgeon mode to 'on')
    Partly it's a question of age and experience: once you reach a certain age, you don't feel that you can afford to waste time sitting around waiting for young people to work through the answers to simple questions you figured out decades ago.
    (set curmudgeon mode to 'off')
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Blog Entries
    I still don't understand the appeal of white chocolate.

I am 100% in-favor of droopy pants.

Why? Because then I don't have to speak to the person to find out they're stupid. They communicate that information at a distance and I'm glad of it!

Beware the well-dressed idiot!
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Brian,
    There is bad tasting well water and there is absolutely "great" tasting well water, it all depends on the aquifer and the type of minerals in the water. I have a well and I drink mostly bottled water cause my water smells like sulpher.
    I wish our water was well water, ours comes from a lake chiefly fed by the trinity river. Growing up at the base of the rockies I got spoiled by spectacular tap water from mountain springs and snowmelt. I'm a big fan of bottled water now

Bob,
    I'm with you on everything - but a 400+hp car is really really fun.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Moyer View Post
    Following the lead of another thread

Coffee Can Exhausts

Noisy motorcycles
    People who carry a balance on their Credit Card
    Why younger folks smoke(*)
    Tattoos
    Opera

ttfn,
    ...art

(*) I know it's very addicting, and I completely understand why older folks struggle with it. What I don't get is how anyone under 25 can be so stupid as to start smoking.
    "It's Not About You."

I don't understand why people put up with 400HP when 600HP is better.