Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dallas area BBQ

Dallas area BBQ

I just thought that I better post an official notice of our BBQ here in Dallas on Oct. 23-24. Anyone that wants to come by on Friday is welcome and Sunday also. It seems in years past though that it has just been a Sat. event. Last year thanks to Ace Karner and a friend of his it went until the wee hours of Sun. morning with great stories and lotsa laughter.

Feel free to bring your lathe. That seems to be a common occurance at all the various BBQs. For those that are interested I have some festool stuff we can play with and I can show some of the advantages of a sliding table saw for those that haven't seen one up close.

For those that were here last year I am in the process of contacting Stephen Stokes' brother about doing another pig. They smoked/roasted a whole pig. It was the absolute best pulled pork I've ever eaten and many said the same thing.

It looks like we will have some travelers again this year. Sophie and Becky are talking about coming down again, only driving this time. It looks like the Dustmaker Mike will make it also. Dennis Peacock I hope you make it along with whomever you can drag along.
    More details will will be forthcoming but just wanted to get the invite out there for everyone. Hope to see you then. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins
    I just thought that I better post an official notice of our BBQ here in Dallas on Oct. 23-24. Anyone that wants to come by on Friday is welcome and Sunday also. It seems in years past though that it has just been a Sat. event. Last year thanks to Ace Karner and a friend of his it went until the wee hours of Sun. morning with great stories and lotsa laughter.

It looks like we will have some travelers again this year. Sophie and Becky are talking about coming down again, only driving this time. It looks like the Dustmaker Mike will make it also. Dennis Peacock I hope you make it along with whomever you can drag along.
    Steve
    Steve,

I'm puttin' you on the list and calendar. I'll have to double-check my work calendar, but as far as I know....I'll be there Friday afternoon. What about local hotels...since I'll need a place to stay.!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Need details on places to stay too....looks like I can get the kitchen pass again.

Steve,
    Hope I will be up for the challenge to drive 15 miles I will meet with the Doc on the 8th. and go from their Last year I had a great time watching Ace get into turning
    Steve

[QUOTE=Steve King]Steve,
    Hope I will be up for the challenge to drive 15 miles I will meet with the Doc on the 8th. and go from their

Tell you what Steve if you can't sit up or drive I can pick you up in my van. We'll just strap you to a long board and bring you here laying flat then stand you in a corner where you'll have a good view. Anything for a friend. Steve

Steve,
    I will accept; only if the board is Walnut Burl that is 8/4 And I can keep it
    Steve

Uh, Uh, Uh....

My Dad always said that some people would gripe, even if you hung them with a new rope :-)

Would Maple burl 8/4 work Steve? orry, but I can not allow you to keep it though :-)
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

Steve,

Mark down one more Arkie!!!! That is if Mr. Peacock will let me ride with him and I survive our Bbq in September.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mike,
    Maybe I’m setting my sites too high; how about Mesquite?
    Steve

Steve, I'm marking my calendar now. Had a great time last year. Let me know if you need help straightening up the shop or anything and I will be happy to help out.

Kevin
    "If you can't fix it, feature it."
    Kevin Swindle

I never pass up a BBQ...especially when it's in the fall and very close to my house! I think we will have had enough time to recover from Terry's BBQ by then...

Smile Door prizes for BBQ?

Steve,

To add some enticement to attend Curly Woods will be providing 20 bf of 4/4 Curly White Oak as a door prize. Who knows, I might sweeten this with another small stack of figured wood before the BBQ :-)
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mastin
    Steve,

To add some enticement to attend Curly Woods will be providing 20 bf of 4/4 Curly White Oak as a door prize. Who knows, I might sweeten this with another small stack of figured wood before the BBQ :-)
    Thanks Mike, thats very generous of you.
    I think that I should pre-approve a couple samples just to make sure that they will look good in a finished piece. No? oh well I tried.
    Steve

Steve - I plan on attending as well. Having just gotten back home to Baytown after driving from the Five Barns Picnic, the 4 hr drive to Dallas will seem like a trip to the local supermarket . Looking forward to meeting some of my "Northern" Texas neighbors.
    Waymon...
    ...My heroes are not athletes, entertainers or politicians;
    ALL my heroes wear US Armed Forces uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve King
    Mike,
    Maybe I’m setting my sites too high; how about Mesquite?
    Steve

You'll be lucky to find Mesquite greater than 4 or 5 feet long!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.