Thread: Fraud warning

Thumbs down Fraud warning

All, I don't typically do this, but, I just wanted to share a little bit of information with you. I was on David Marks site last week and saw a link to a site called "Master Woodworking Plans". The site basically is selling what is quoted on their site as: "A HUGE collection of woodworking plans". I figured for only $10, I would bite. The site leads you to believe you are buying a database full of plans for various projects, but it isn't; it's selling you a list of internet links to freely available plans. To make things worse, I picked 10 links at random, and only two (2) out of the 10 actually took you to the plans they were supposed to take you to; the other 8 were either 404 errors (page not found) or to one of the various BORG pages.

Yes, I should have read the refund policy. And, it's not the $10 that bugs me, it's the fact that they conned me in and I just don't want to see anyone else lose their money to these cheats.
    Quote of the day: "If man isn't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?" - Socrates (Fred Socrates, Winder, GA)

Cheers!
    Randy

Be careful, I also hear of a similar deal where the vendor sold the e-mail addresses.

Follow up with David?

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Cobb View Post
    I was on David Marks site last week and saw a link to a site called "Master Woodworking Plans".
    Did you send a note to David? I'm sure he'd be interested to know the goings-on of his advertisers. Stuff like this is never good for business.

I just went to David Marks' site to get contact information for whoever I need to email and I noticed the link is gone now. I think that whoever runs David's site either found out about it or someone else already informed them. Best of all, the link is gone now.
    Quote of the day: "If man isn't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?" - Socrates (Fred Socrates, Winder, GA)

Cheers!
    Randy

Thanks for the warning. This could have been just a Google ad which cued on the word "woodworking" and pops up on any site with that word.

This is the same thing that is all over eBay. Discs for tools, plans, supplies. They just save a simple search list and sell it. It's not just woodworking, but any popular hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Cobb View Post
    All, I don't typically do this, but, I just wanted to share a little bit of information with you. I was on David Marks site last week and saw a link to a site called "Master Woodworking Plans". The site basically is selling what is quoted on their site as: "A HUGE collection of woodworking plans". I figured for only $10, I would bite. The site leads you to believe you are buying a database full of plans for various projects, but it isn't; it's selling you a list of internet links to freely available plans. To make things worse, I picked 10 links at random, and only two (2) out of the 10 actually took you to the plans they were supposed to take you to; the other 8 were either 404 errors (page not found) or to one of the various BORG pages.

Yes, I should have read the refund policy. And, it's not the $10 that bugs me, it's the fact that they conned me in and I just don't want to see anyone else lose their money to these cheats.
    Randall- thanks for the heads up! I saw that same ad last week and was planning on getting it. Sorry for your $10 "lesson" but thanks for the tip!
    Mark

"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock."
    Will Rogers