Thread: Question regarding Power Point

Cool Question regarding Power Point

Hi everyone,

I have a customer who has their business graphic on a power point presentation. I don't have a lot of experience with power point. Can I import a power point graphic into corel draw to use with my laser engraver???? I don't see that file format on the list.

If I can..does anyone know how to get it from power point??

I asked the customer and they were not sure either. Any help would be great!!

THANK YOU

Ron
    Lasers are COOL!

I had a quick look and I couldn't get it to open a finished powerpoint presentation. That's not to say that if it was able to be edited that you wouldn't be able to export the picture to the desktop and then import it. As for a .pps - it doesn't recognise it.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

If that's all they can provide I will print, scan and clean up, and charge them for the time. Often when given the quote they will find a better version to save that extra cost.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

If that's all they can provide I will print, scan and clean up
    Seems involved. I just hit the 'printscreen' button and paste it into a graphics editing program. For best results, turn the screen up to the highest resolution you have before printscreening.

I'm not sure about Corel but I just copied and pasted from PowerPoint directly into Adobe Illustrator.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

You should be able to open the presentation in PowerPoint, click the graphic, copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into your other graphics tool.

If you don't have PowerPoint I suggest you try Open Office. It is free, its quality and capability reflects that fact, but it should enable you to get your graphic.