Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand cut dovetail video

I just watched this video. The one thing that I saw that I had never seen before was the suggestion to, after marking the tails or pins, to run the saw cuts a little below the scribe line. It's at 33:37 into the video.

Does anyone else do this? I try to hit the scribe line when I saw.

2. Another new dovetailing video

I had the pleasure to spend some time with accomplished artisan Craig Vandall Stevens who was trained by master cabinetmaker James Krenov. His hand dovetailing method is surprisingly controlled with the use of a simple alignment jig and careful use of a japanese dozuki saw and hand chisel. He gets consistent results that can be obtained even by intermediate woodworkers who take the time to try it. Here are several videos showcasing his precise methods at: http://woodtreks.com/how-to-hand-cut-precision-dovetails-%E2%80%94-part-one-the-pins/75/. Just another take on this fascinating subject
    Keith Cruickshank

Keith, I can't get those videos to play and I've upgraded my Adobe download. Any ideas on what might prevent viewing them?

4. Jake: Without doing a complete troubleshooting here, I'd suggest you install the firefox browser. A free download is at www.firefox.com. Please try that.
    Keith Cruickshank