Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Respirator Opinions?

Update

Well guys, FWIW, I went with the 3M 7500 and the P100 filters from Enviro! Jerry was kind enough to send along a rather extended thread from another forum on the subject and the general consensus was that it's a good unit and reasonably comfortable. Sounds like he's a happy user of the 7500, as well. LOML actually gave me the "go ahead" for the Trend unit, but it looks like I've got an optometrist bill coming in the very near future for my daughter and reason got the better of my enthusiasm for the powered unit. I'd rather she be able to see the blackboard in class properly than have the fancier respirator for myself, especially if the 3M will do the job intended! If I totally hate it, I'll just wait for the Wood show in Feb., as Trend does have a presence there and sells them for a pretty decent discount, as I recall. Thanks to all for the input on this thread! (Didn't mean to hijack it from you, Kev! )
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Hey, no problem John. Getting protected is the most important thing, I am glad you found something that will do that for ya. I am leaning toward the Trend unit for my needs. I wear a full beard, and I have always had issues with a decent seal with a conventional type respirator. I think the Trend will do the job for me, as I keep my beard trimmed rather short, and high up on my neck. With the new Oneida Cyclone and the Trend unit, I think I am well on my way to protecting myself from the hazards of fine sawdust. Thanks to everyone for their responses, comments and suggestions........as always, it is great to have the support of others regarding buying decisions..........especially safety and health related ones!