Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IWF Official Rendezvous Site for "Creekers"

I could not remember what the post said as I read it just before I left..

I was thinking of coming tomorrow and have my Sis drop me off as she works downtown but my legs and even my knee are hurts..

I'm on Federal Disability and I remember why quite well today
    aka rarebear - Hand Planes 101 - RexMill - The Resource

I was very pleased to rendez-vous with Sarge yesterday and sign the register he had -- the Steel City booth was great - some nice new "stone age" tools (granite tops) and the smoothest operating Biesemeyer clone tablesaw fence I'd ever seen. I was also intrigued by their new (to be introduced soon) Variable Speed drill press with 6'' of quill travel.

Overall, a great show, but next time I won't try to drive 3-1/2 hours each way and cram the show into one day -- I'm bushed today!
    Last edited by Robert Payne; 08-22-2008 at 8:40 AM.

Sorry you couldn't get back Johnny. I do understand about the walking with a handi-cap. I had a stent a few years ago and poor circulation in the legs. Assembly last week and standing 10 hours a day this week has worn the old man out. I'm pretty much a zombie by the time I leave each night.

One more day as we start tearing down tomorrow around 4 PM even though the Show ends at 6 PM. Will probably be an 8 AM till mid-night deal. I won't post any picture until Monday probably.

Regards...

Sarge..

Nice picture on the variable drill press, Robert. I will post a few amateur pics on Monday as I may be too tired to do in on Sunday. They wore the old man out, frankly.

Sarge..

Was Good meeting John there today (Sat.) as I was able to store up enough energy to give it one more go..

Was able to get a Free shirts and hats and other small stuff but best goodies where

Tenryu 7 1/4" ultra thin Citation blade
    and a
    Leuco mailing box for a free saw blade sharpening up to 14" at the plant here in Ga.

Leuco Saw http://www.leucotool.com/1255_ENG_HTML.htm
    Tenryu Citation http://www.tenryu.com/power_tool_MR.htm

I'm glad you got back by Johnny. We started tearing down around 4 PM behind the scenes and finished about 9 PM. I just got home and am going to catch a sandwich and go to bed. The ole man is throughly tired.

Hope to see you in the fall at a plane meetng at your place.

Regards...

Sarge..

Just wanted to say thanks to all Creekers that dropped by the booth. There were over 20 that signed and I suspect even more were at the show at some point and couldn't get by due to tight schedules.

Hope to bump into all you guys again as it was my pleasure to meet all you!

Again... thanks and wish eveyone a safe trip home...

Sarge.. john thompson

Great meeting you Sarge.

This was my first show and I could not believe the number of vendors. I spent three hours Friday afternoon walking the floor to scope it out for a return on Saturday (today). I figured I saw about half of the exhibits but it turns out I saw half of only one of three buildings!

I wish your wife well with her recovery and I will see you next time.

Richard

It was also my pleasure to meet you Richard sorry but I had to make it home my 4PM

I hope to see you at my Hand Plane Class this Fall..

My brother Jim, and I were there also for Thursday and Friday. It was our first time. I loved watching that machinery running. Sooooo Coooool. I had been preoccupied with planning a fishing trip for the days before the show that I missed the posting of a meeting both. I should have known better and checked in.
    See my other projects at www.peterspirito.com

Hope all of the members that went to dinner had a good time. Eating with Norm (actually next to Norm) was a good sign that at least the restaurant was a good choice! I think we were there from 6-10:30pm!

It was a great show and Sarge is one awesome dude for helping me get the crazy dust fitting shipped home.

No way to get a multirouter on the plane with me so the pneumatic clamps had to be good enough. JDS John is one awesome guy for selling those to me. I have decided to let Laguna shoip me the new mortiser anyways and also a set of SAE and a set of metric bits.

Freebies were sawstop and Grizzly hats, a sawstop bhrake embedded into one of their blades, the JDS multi-tool (mini leatherman), a ton of the Kreg #2 square drive long bits, teh Dewalt WW book with the Greene adirondak plans in it, and the best one - A free 690 Porter Cable router for doing the new product demo show - thanks to Peter for that heads up!! I noticed he went back the second day for a second tool!!!

Now, the wait for the mortiser begins.

Great seeing everybody!!!!

Congrats to a couple of you that I know walked out of there with new huge saws!!!

With any luck I will try to get by the local UPS Store latter today Mike. I estimate the shipping to be around $6 K so just send a check and we'll call it even. Just kidding of course. I will let you know by PM as I do have to buy a box from them but I am going to take duct tape to tape it myself.

So... either today or tomorrow she will be rolling on the ground with Big Brown...

BTW.. how the heck did the air-craft get off the ground with what you were carrying on board? And... I'm surprised they didn't arrest you for a suspected terrorist. ha... ha.... ha..ha..ha..

Regards...

Sarge..

You know, they did completely unpack my checked bag! Everything was "re-organized!". I bet they wondered what the heck that pneumatic clamping set was packed in the middle of my bag with my clothes. That and the sawblade with brake attached probably was under consideration.

Thanks again sarge. Money will go out tomorrow. Send me your addrerss!

Checks fine.. details of track # in PM... Yep... if you had had any matches on you I could have delivered the Y pipe local at the Atlanta Federal Pen. Good news is Harold's Bar-be-que is next door. Bad news is you wouldn't be able to go next door to get any.

Good luck with whatever your building with that monster Y pipe.

Regards...

Sarge..

Hey Mike and all,

I also had a good time at dinner - sorry I couldn't hook up with that wrench - thank your buddy for picking up the tab on the apps - I don't remember if I did.

I thought the show was awesome - getting to see the Splinter and talk to the builder was cool - also talking to the founder of Oneway and all the product guys at Delta/PC. I also scored a couple of hats (Festool and Grizzly), some wood glue and a mess of pens. I ended up in two product demos - scored the mini PC belt sander and a Dewalt jobsite radio/charger.

-- John
    "No matter where you go, there you are" -- Buckaroo Banzai