Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWF gloat

Talking

Hey guys there is a drill press in there. It's just not much of one. The only thing I ever used on for was hinge boring and my hardware company furnished me with a new Omal hinge boring machine free of charge.

There is another part of the IWF story I forgot to share. It was the last day of the show a little after five. My wife had gotten tired of me staring at the slider. [I know what kind of sickness is that.] And I was standing at the edge of the MM booth waiting to help disassemble my machines. Up walks one of the Festool vendors and asks me if I was looking or had purchased anything. Now by this time the show is so dead it's mainly vendors only and a few diehards.

We shoot the breeze for a few minutes and he asks if I was entered in the Festool giveaway at 5:30. I told him yes but it wouldn't do me any good. I have never won anything in my life. I'm more what you would call an instant loser than winner. He looks at me real funny and said what if I told you that you just won. Puzzled I stammered something about you are kidding. Turns out they had been giving away sanders during the show to people they found away from their booth wearing the Kapex shirts. I got the last one of the show. So to top it all off I got a free Festool 150-5 sander in a systainer. How's that for a good end to IWF.

Please feel free to throw multiple you sucks at me.

P.S. hang in there Johnny they are worth the wait.
    Last edited by Chris McDowell; 09-04-2008 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Chris, that made the gas money back home all the more worth it! The 150/5 is sure to be a sweet sander. I know the 150/3 is!!!

Mike-it definitely did that. I already have the Rotex 150 and really need to get the 150-3 instead of the 150-5, but I'm sure I can suffer through. One can never have enough Festool sanders.

Oh, my....major deep blue and bright green Suckage, Chris! LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

OMG! As if the new slider and the MM20 wasn't enough, you walked away with a free festool sander? I bow down the the gloat master.

Some nice equipment you acquired there. Did you get the slider off the truck by yourself?

Your wife is probably glad IWF comes every two years and BTW.... that's a nice spacious shop you have to hold that arsenal..

Regards...

Sarge..

Talking

Hey John. No I actually had two helpers and an engine lift to remove the slider. I think my wife took some pics of the event.

Believe it or not she was in favor of me getting the machinery. She always tells me to buy what I really want because anything else is a wasted purchase. Ain't I lucky.

The shop is anything but spacious right now. I was going to sell some equipment ,but being the true woodworker I am, I rationalized keeping all of it. Yes she was in favor of that too. When I get it all done I'll try and do a full shops worth of pics.

Great additions Chris. I remember you asking about sliders a while back. Glad to see you finally get what you wanted. You will wonder why you waited so long to get the slider. Enjoy

I'm in a 3 point stance waitin' on the pics, Chris. I was going to post some pics and do a small review on my new TS from IWF.. but I would be embarrassed to do it now after your haul. I walked into the Mini-max booth and they called security to remove me. I suppose they took one look at me and decided I was a vagrant and no cash.

Just kidding of course. I met Eric of MM a number of years ago and always drop by to see what's new as my wife won't turn me loose with the check-book. She's a very intelligent lady.

Regards...

Sarge..

Chris,
    Congrats on the new machines....once you use a slider you will be hooked for life. Why "settle" for a 14" j/p....heck go for the 16 or maybe the 20! Then you gotta get the slider table shaper....and the widebelt...and

John, I can see you in that stance. I knew you were kidding about the MM booth. If they let me in everyone else is safe.

I hear you on the checkbook. When I was making reservations for IWF, I told my wife she didn't have to come. She just laughed and said there was no way I was going to Atlanta while it was full of woodworking machinery unsupervised.

Paul-good to see you are still around and kicking. That's the problem. Once you start down the path you are forever consumed by temptation.