Thread: Hurricane IKE hits Ohio

Hurricane IKE hits Ohio

Yeh!! Really it did.

For those who haven't heard, the remnants of IKE hit Ohio yesterday. We had sustained winds of 65 MPH with peaks of 80 MPH. I live north of Dayton and our power was out for about 18 hours. Much of Dayton is still without power and do not expect to have power for several days. (Of course, Dayton Power & Light sent many to their trucks to Texas to help out there. Now they are trying to get them back.)

Our daughter lives in Columbus and their power is still out and may not be back on for a week.

There are lots of trees down so if you need any free wood there is plenty of it around.
    Tipp City, Ohio

Blog Entries
    We got the edge of it here last night in the Erie area. Most of it went north of us I believe. The waves on Lake Erie at Buffalo had to be nothing short of spectacular last night. We lost power for about 1-1/2 hours, but some parts of the city were still without power this morning. We could see the flashes of transformers and wires shortig out last night all over the city from our back yard! I was worried about our trees last night as they were really bowing over, but they seem to have held up well with only the loss of some leaves.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute