Thread: Porter-Cable 3812S Table Saw Clearance

Porter-Cable 3812S Table Saw Clearance

I was looking at the Porter Cable Table Saw with stand at Lowes tonight. They have it marked down from $399 to $259. I am looking for a portable table saw for my garage. What do you all think about this saw? Is it a good deal? I have had my eye on the Ridgid portable and the Dewalt portable, both a lot of money.

BTW Chris, good game yesterday, I didn't think our chances were very good in Mile High.

When I was in Shreveport LA last weekend I saw them for $190. i was tempted as i do some on site work sometimes. i didn't yeild to temptation but have been checking when I have been in my hometown lowes.

Joe

I am going to replace my Ridgid with one of these saws. Mine works great (grey one), but I know that if anything were ever to go wrong that the 'lifetime warranty' will not be honored by the new manufacturing company (I've already found out with replacement bushings). I hope I can find one here...Lowe's hasn't been carrying them, but we have an HD supply that does.

I saw that sale, too. You don't hear very much about the PC TS.

When Cummins was in town back in July, they had refurbed TS2400s for $359. I think Ridgid also has an HD gift card rebate going on now, something like a $100 card for a $500 Ridgid tool purchase.

Unless you specifically need a portable saw, the TS3650 is only $50 more.

While you're at Lowes, check out the 7" Wilton vice. I picked one up last night for half-price. The toool manager said I should stop back often over the next week since they are putting "lots of stuff on clearance." He couldn't elaborate.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler
    While you're at Lowes, check out the 7" Wilton vice. I picked one up last night for half-price. The toool manager said I should stop back often over the next week since they are putting "lots of stuff on clearance." He couldn't elaborate.

Bob
    Yep, saw them moving in Jet TSes.

Still bummed I couldn't find one of the Delta lathes, they didn't stock them at all down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hannah
    BTW Chris, good game yesterday, I didn't think our chances were very good in Mile High.
    Yep, I winced several times (as I always do when watching/listening to my Broncos) but even with all the foolish mistakes, somehow my team came out on top. My stomach always gets tied up in knots when we play KC and Oakland! Good rivalries! They don't expect much out of the AFC West this year....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Smile Ridgid & HD Story

I got a good Ridgid/Home Depot story. I ran into one of my neighbors at Home Depot yesterday. He purchased a Ridgid cordless tool set (aka "lifetime warranty") a couple of years ago. He hasn't lilke the set, battery life has been dismal - not like his Dewalt tools. He smoked the bearing on the drill yesterday, brought the whole kit back to HD and they gave him a full refund. That's a pretty good testament about Home Depot backing their Ridgid customers.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Had a good HD experience. Was looking at theRidged portable saw stand that so many Creekers have raved about. The worker said unless I gotta have it now, keep my eyes open because it is going on sale 1/2 price....... Didn't say when.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Ridgid deal

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Had a good HD experience. Was looking at theRidged portable saw stand that so many Creekers have raved about. The worker said unless I gotta have it now, keep my eyes open because it is going on sale 1/2 price....... Didn't say when.
    Tyler is that just for the stand, or for the saw and stand? That sounds like a deal worth waiting for. The same neighbor who returned his Ridgid cordless tools has the $499 Ridgid portable saw and stand and loves it!

Cumminstools has the refurb Ridgid table saw with cart for 359.99 on the web site (but you didn't hear it from me, don't want your wife mad at me) Not sure if they have any local.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

I wouldn't even think of buying a Ridgid at this point...especially a refurb for full price (without the stand the 2400 is $350...if you can even get it that way anymore). You'd be much better off with the PC, especially for service afer the sale.