Thread: Quikrete 2 Part Floor Epoxy?

Quikrete 2 Part Floor Epoxy?

I think I have narrowed down what I'd like to put on the floors in my shop/garage building to Quikrete 2 Part Floor Epoxy. It's available in sixty different colors rather than just gray or tan. I've found several posts about a similar product made by Sherwin Williams, but that product is no longer available in Southern California. Yep, the government strikes again, protecting us from ourselves. So has anyone used the Quikrete 2 Part Floor Epoxy in their garages or shops?
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quickrete 2 part epoxy

Hello, I have used this on my new shop floor and it did a great job, I waited the required sixty days for it to cure, cleaned with the supplied cleaner and it came out great, cd included to show you how to do it. I waited two weeks for it to dry completely before moving tools on it, and even had to drag some heavy tool chest on it and it looks fine. I used a kit that included two gallons on a sixteen by thirty two floor and had some left over.If you like the sprinkles I would buy some extras, not enough for me in the kit. Good luck goes on very easy, Jim Smith

I have no experience with this product from Quikrete but they make good stuff overall. I don't think I'd hesitate too much in using it.

Also, look into www.ucoatit.com for some good floor stuff. A lot of my BMW buddies swear by it and in general, the car guys like it a lot.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I don't know about this product but I used the Gray Rust-Oleum product on one bay of my Garage and ......Well lets just say I'm looking for something else to cover that and do the rest of the Garage.
    Last edited by Angus Hines; 11-25-2008 at 9:51 PM. Reason: dyslexia

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I have no experience with this product from Quikrete but they make good stuff overall. I don't think I'd hesitate too much in using it.

Also, look into www.ucoatit.com for some good floor stuff. A lot of my BMW buddies swear by it and in general, the car guys like it a lot.
    Chris, thanks for the input. You're right about most Quikrete products. I've looked at U-Coat-It and there is quite a difference in cost. I don't have a BMW budget. I've also checked out Epoxy-Coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Hines View Post
    I don't know about this product but I used the Gray Rust-Oleum product on one bay of my Garage and ......Well lets just say I'm looking for something else to cover that and do the rest of the Garage.
    Angus, I appreciate the honest feedback. I've read the same comments from others who have used the Rust-Oleum product. That's one reason I decided to post my question.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I did use it on my shop floor, color was supposed to be brick red but it came out a salmon color it did apply w/ ease but the only other beef I had w/ it was a color difference between the 2 kits that it took. Other then those 2 issues there are no other beefs from me...... If a pic can be found will post the picture.

Check Out Porter Paints. They have an acrylic concrete floor paint. Yeah yeah I know.. It's not a two part epoxy. I said the same thing, but I didn't have a choice as the builder used it on my garage floor. I have been VERY surprised by it. It is just as good as the day we moved in 1 year ago, Hot Tires don't effect it, Oil doesn't effect it, the only thing I've found that effects it is Brake Cleaner (but it effects damm near everything). If it's good enough for me and working on cars, it's good enough for my shop. Clean up is easy, it's one part etc etc.

Stay away from ANYTHING HD or Lowes offers in the Behr or whatever generic lines they have. Quikcrete might be pretty good, but the other stuff is Junk and comes off in a few weeks/month on garage floors.

Cheers,
    Ryan

I've not had any experience with the QuikCrete stuff, but I've had very good luck on two separate projects with the Rust-o-leum 2 part kit. As long as you clean & prep the surface properly, it is a breeze to apply. As with any epoxy floor finish, make sure you wait 3 - 5 days before setting machinery down on it, and 7 days before you roll a vehicle on top of it.
    Maurice

Another vote for the Rust-Oleum. Went down easy. I've had to down for over a year. I've dropped all sorts of heavy things on it - no chips. I've spilt oil and paint on it - cleans easy and leaves no residue.

Don

I used the Quikrete 2 Part Floor Epoxy and absolutely love it. There is nothing better that I have found for a great concrete shop floor. You need to watch the DVD that came with it. Follow the instructions to a
    "T" Clean the floor really well, scrub it with an stiff bristle broom, pressure wash, let it dry overnight, and paint away. The only mistake that I made was putting a clear coat over the top and got in a rush. I recommend the 72 hours time in between. I had a couple of spots that it caused it to wrinkle. Not really a big deal since it is under my cabinets anyhow.
    But cleaning up the shop with a leaf blower, air line, or just a plain broom is awesome.

I have tried a few other products and was very disappointed. The Quikrete has been scratched, hot metal and landed on it, and various chemical spills that have wiped right up.

The I would buy a couple of cans of extra flakes for the texture around the work area. I spread some silica sand in front of the steps leading in the house, out the back door, and the area in front of my table saw for extra non-slip traction. It isn't required, but I am glad it is there.

They also have a really good crack filler that I used on the control joints and painted right over them. No issues with that producte either.

Just my two cents worth and very happy.

V/R

Jamie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jamie Fowler
    Woodshop Specialties
    Cheyenne, WY