Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitre Gauge

Mitre Gauge

It's time to pick up a mitre gauge for my table saw as it didn't come with one. I've been looking at the incra v27 as a cheap option ($58 CDN), or I could step up to the 1000SE for $138. I'm just not sure that it is worth the difference. the fence and stop are nice, but I can make some pretty cheap. Does anyone have any recomendations here, I really don't want to spend the extra $80, but if the 1000SE is way better I could be talked into it! Thanks!

That v27 is great. Well worth the money. I dont use it on my TS though as I already had a JDS miter gauge for that (plus the one that came with the PM66). I got it to replace the cheesy one on my bandsaw and because I didn't want long fences on one for that.
    Use the fence Luke

Blog Entries
    I'm not familiar with the V27, but take a look at the Kreg miter gauge. I really like mine. SO far it has been easy to use and very accurate. Best of all it repeats so if you need to make just one more cut you can get teh exact angle back (assuming it is one of the pinned angles).
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Smile What I have....

1000SE for my old Griz. Works well for me.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

The v27 has worked very well for me.

I've got a V27 and added a Hartville fence pretty cheaply. It's an excellent gauge and an excellent value.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

7. I have the 1000SE and the V27. I use the 1000SE most of the time on my TS, but use the V27 for some shop made jigs, and because it is better on my router table. I also connect a dial indicator right to the v27 with a nut and bolt for doing alignment of the saw blade to the miter slot (as well as the fence).

I believe rockler still has a sale going on the for the 1000se at 99 bucks.

I have 2 of the 1000SE. I use one for the right side of the blade and one for the left side of the blade. Once you set the scale on the top of the gage you never have to worry about the length of the cuts. I use them both quite often.

Randy

Blog Entries
    I've used a V27 for a few years. Right after I bought it I added the telescoping fence bought directly from Incra for about $30 but any reliable extrusion or piece of wood will do. It has been great; very basic but rock-solid reliable over time. I think I readjusted it once . . . I changed saws.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Rockler has the v27 on sale for $39.99 (48.9 Canadian).
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I have a V27 on my TS and it works great. I added a wooden fence as other have.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I have an Osborne Excalibur EB-3 (you may have seen Norm use this one on New Yankee Workshop). Picked it up on sale at Woodcraft for less than $100 with tax some time back. I really like it, just used it yesterday in fact. Just another option to mess with your head...

http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/50-eb3.html
    If I could ever finish working on my shop, maybe I could find the time to start working in my shop.

The 1000se has the vernier cursor allowing very minute adjustments to the angle. I bought this thing just for making segments for turning and its been a great asset to my shop. The V27 however is made to the same tolerances and is a great tool too, just without some of the bells and whistles. If you dont need the vernier cursor the flip stop and the telescoping fence, opt for the V27, otherwise its a great deal for the money. I think Amazon has it right now for $109 w/free shipping just in case some of the other deals are over.
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

I have a 100SE and like it very much.

But could someone tell me how to calibrate the extension fence section so that it is ACCURATE?

Thanks.