Thread: Refill Coffee K Pods

Refill Coffee K Pods

Hi Gang;
    I have to confess to being a coffee addict- at least 5 cups a day- and really enjoy the relatively new K Pod individual coffee systems which allows many blend and brand choices for coffee drinkers. The systems are not inexpensive and the price of a cup of coffee is about 50 cents- that's close to $700 bucks a year for me alone and that does not include the wife who somehow believes she should also enjoy the benefits.
    There is an accessory available with a reusable pod but these pods cost about 7 bucks apiece and need an adapter which prevents use of the regular pods at the same time- nothing is simple anymore.
    For those with a laser, the solution is the production of a plastic lid which, when used properly, allows the commercial K- Pods to be used over and over, and is inexpensive enough that many can be made for a mere pittance. The attached design and instructions were developed to work with a Keurig B66 machine but I think it will work with any Keurig machine and perhaps others. I provide this freely for public use and take no responsibility for any ailments or conditions caused by excess coffee drinking. Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WOW KOOL...Thanks I go through about 6-8 of these things a day and at $25.00 for a box of 24. This is the answer.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Blog Entries
    George,

I can't take a look at it at the moment, but that is an awesome idea. My SO picked up a Keurig machine a few months back and I have to admit, I like it (if for no other reason than it gives me hot water for tea in about 45 seconds). Her package came with one of those universal K-cups, but she has yet to use it.

Amazon is your friend when it comes to K-cups. Specials abound almost every day, and she usually picks her cups up for around 3/$1. Of course, she does the ordering, so I never get any of my teas/cocoas, and I rarely drink coffee.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

George,

I too have a Keurig and love it. I would like to give your creation a try, but I keep getting an error when trying to view the attached file in X3 - is that .cdr file in v14? If so, could you "dumb it down" for the rest of us?

Thanx,

Brian

Here it is as a v10 file everybody should be able to use that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Funny Thing!

The wife brought a Keurig machine home from Costco last night. We have not tried it yet, but I did bring a K Pod into work this morning to design a laser cut counter holder for the Pods. I see they have a couple on their website but a custom laser cut item is always better.

Neal

Someone is selling these online. Patent Pending. I am definitely making some for myself - thank you for the .cdr file. More instructions on http://my-kap.com/

K-Cup Refill

Dave;
    Thanks for info and link- a bit pricey at $15 for two. I use scrap plexi and can make 10 in about 2 minutes on the laser. I think some 4mm material might work a little better and give a better center seal but it works fine with 3mm. Thread should be titled " K-Cup Refill" instead of K-Pod but can't figure how to change it.
    Best regards;
    George
    LaserArts