Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a Left tilt table saw advantage?

I'm with Chris V. on 100% on this one. Even is I 45 degree at 24" it's ok if you take your time off the right side. dadoing for me is much more of a concern. I have a right tilt at home and left at work. I'd dadoed a few cabinet panels that were off by 3/4" already at work after we got the new saw stop (left tilt only).
    I guess it's just preferrence.
    Mark.

Right tilt are better because both Norm Abram and David Marks use RT saws!
    It's a biiiig mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a hurry.

No need to bang your head at all.....IF....ya got a saw with a front access door!! That is a little item that many new saws fail to include....

It sure comes in handy on my left tilt PM66, since there is an Exaktor sliding table covering my motor opening.....
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Buncha WHINERS!! Are those complaining about RT saws so *BrainDed* that they forget that the extension table *could* be mounted to the -----L E F T -----of the saw????? Biesemeyer originally did offer this configuration. Left-reading measuring tapes are still available!

If you have a rear angle iron rail on your "Biesemeyer-type* fence, the front and rear rails could be reversed to allow use of the miter slot notches, and new holes drilled. If you possess only the front angle iron, you must cut your own notches, BUT what else do you have to Gripe about????? huh? huh? huh? Somebody GO FOR IT!!!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

I actually considered putting the extension table to the left on my right tilt saw. Unfortunately, I built the mobile base, cabinetry and table before I realized it. However, the tape measure won't be accurate when the blade is tilted due to the pivot point on the yoke being on the 'wrong side'.

I have a right tilt Unisaw for 20 years. It still tilts the wrong way.

-Jeff