Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
The platform does delimit the storage space. As to dust, you can clean up to the edge easier but, on the platform is another story ;-)
I thought about that as I typed my message for sure. I struggle to keep my floor clean. Not that I try that hard - just the opposite - cleaning becomes way down on my priority list. But I think if I can sweep my concrete floor and "accept" everything else in the shop may be dusty/dirty I'll be a bit more at peace with it. We all have our issues and OC tendencies.

My platform is 3/4" ply that is about 3/4" off the concrete in the rear and 2" off in the front with one more rail in the center for support.
Does this mean you stack your boards with the broad side (not the edges) against the wall? That was the orientation I had in mind at first but then I thought the angled platform and a vertical wall means the wood would touch the wall at its top edge but not sit against the wall - and as I stack more wood on that (especially if they're shorter boards) the back board would tend to bow towards the wall. Thus my thought on making a pitched back wall perpendicular to the pitched platform - and then I thought I'm probably making this too complicated. Over complicating is definitely one of my tendencies. A 10' pitched wall will be a bit tricky to make I think and will chew up some space I'd rather not give.