I agree with all previous posts. I've had the Woodcraft slow for over a year and find it quite adequate. I'd used a Jet slow/wet for years (10" wheel), and a high speed six inch for shaping. Space became a problem and I substituted the Woodcraft slow 8" for both. No matter which grinder you buy I suggest you get new wheels, although the white wheels on the Woodcraft are decent. I see no need for the dual speed, it really doesn't speed the reshaping of a tool as the higher speed means you have to take more time out to cool the tool. In the days of carbon steel tools the cooling could be instant by dipping them in water - but the HSS steels don't like the rapid cooling, it changes the crystaline structure of the edge (or so I'm told), so I see no reason for the higher speed on an 8" wheel. BTW, for those on 6" wheels, remember that the rpm of the shaft isn't the same as the speed of the wheel surface. The speed of the wheel surface on the tool is feet per second (or millimeters per second) - it is a linear measure. A wheel of a circumference of 3 inches (we'll use circumference rather than getting involved with Pi) spinning at 60 rpm has a linear speed of 3" per second. At the same 60 rpm a 6 inch circumference wheel has a linear speed of 6" per second. It is the linear speed that grinds the tool, and heats it - not the rpm.

Best, Jon