Thread: Classic Cars, Which do You Own, Did Own, or Wish you Own

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rich Riddle.........This afternoon, I bought another '55 T-Bird. I dropped my wife at the airport to take a trip to Germany, and on the way home I called about a T-Bird that was available, and close to the airport. I bought it, she doesn't know, and I am blaming you for the whole thing.

You'd better find cover before she gets home.

After selling 'RatBird', my junkyard escapee '55 Bird with a Chebby motor, I found myself missing it more than I thought. I showed her a pic of the one for sale last night as she was packing to go, she took a glance and gave me a very non committal 'that's nice', then went to bed. That was all the push I needed. Now I need to sell my '48 Jeepster to make room.

I had a third one, way back in the '60s. Paid about $400 for it, and it needed everything. Total rebuild later, sold it for $1050.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 08-02-2015 at 1:28 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Rich Riddle.........This afternoon, I bought another '55 T-Bird. I dropped my wife at the airport to take a trip to Germany, and on the way home I called about a T-Bird that was available, and close to the airport. I bought it, she doesn't know, and I am blaming you for the whole thing.

You'd better find cover before she gets home.

After selling 'RatBird', my junkyard escapee '55 Bird with a Chebby motor, I found myself missing it more than I thought. I showed her a pic of the one for sale last night as she was packing to go, she took a glance and gave me a very non committal 'that's nice', then went to bed. That was all the push I needed. Now I need to sell my '48 Jeepster to make room.

I had a third one, way back in the '60s. Paid about $400 for it, and it needed everything. Total rebuild later, sold it for $1050.
    Rick,

Just to ensure a smooth home life you can ship the car to us and it will be placed in a nice garage. I can send pictures from time to time of the car if you need proof it's still here. Anything to help a woodworker.

Thanks Rich, it would be better if you shipped me the garage.

Seriously, if you have questions about them, PM me. I am fairly familiar with them.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.