Thread: Delta 50-760 collection bag band clamp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the diameter is near 19.5" the HF 2hp units have an adjustable (to a degree) spring loaded clamp.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    If the diameter is near 19.5" the HF 2hp units have an adjustable (to a degree) spring loaded clamp.
    I just measured, and my best guestimate is the OD is 16" and the circumference is around 50.5". I'm sure there's someone out there who can check if my geometry is right. High school was a long time ago...
    Soli Deo Gloria.
    Chief Sawdust Maker, LoneStar Artisans
    Chief Sawdust Maker, The BoardSMITH
    Secretary, North Texas Woodworkers Association

Check at this location: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/clamps.html ; they appear to have hose clamps in the diameter range you need.

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Cambra View Post
    Check at this location: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/clamps.html ; they appear to have hose clamps in the diameter range you need.

Mac
    Thanks, Mac! Part ordered. $4 part plus $9 shipping, lol.
    Soli Deo Gloria.
    Chief Sawdust Maker, LoneStar Artisans
    Chief Sawdust Maker, The BoardSMITH
    Secretary, North Texas Woodworkers Association

I tried to find a quick-release clamp with worm drive. McMaster sells them in various sizes, but in the size you'd need they only have stainless and they are very expensive ($75).

These give a wide range of adjustment. Basically, with the quick release locked, you adjust the worm drive with a screw to snug the clamp up. Then when you want to remove/replace the unit, you use the quick release.

The largest non-stainless one McMaster sells is the 5588K18, for $18.50. It only goes up to 14-3/4". So you'd either need to find a supplier of larger units, or extend one of the McMaster units.

But you have a solution, and with a drill-driver, can probably remove/reinstall it pretty quickly.

Make sure the hose clamp does not cut your bag.

I say use the felt lined snap ring.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.