Thread: Any Auto Mechanics on Sawmill Creek ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    So in the states they are now plugging in to the OBDII for vehicle inspection???
    No, I meant "all" as in "all states that have inspection".

Here in Ohio, we have absolutely no sort of inspection of any kind. You pay them the money, you can get anything, no matter how bad of condition, licensed and stickered.

I've seen cars clear the monitors in 30 miles, and others not clear them after 300. I agree the 100 miles is a "rule of thumb". I've also seen the computer in the car needs to register accelerations, decelerations, key on/off, engine temp to running condition then cool off. I tell customers to just do a few days of "normal" driving...to and from work, to the store, etc. The state inspection computer here in Texas will pass if one or maybe two certain monitors have not cleared, but emission monitors have to clear no matter what. They should be able to plug in a diagnostic computer and check if all the monitors have cleared and if not, which ones still need to clear before putting the car back on the inspection computer. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Williams View Post
    No, I meant "all" as in "all states that have inspection".

Here in Ohio, we have absolutely no sort of inspection of any kind. You pay them the money, you can get anything, no matter how bad of condition, licensed and stickered.
    Maybe the county you live in but here in Medina you have to have an E check.