Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Last supper

The Last supper

I just did The Last Supper on a piece of mediocre wood to see if it would turn out. I think I'll try it on nicer wood next time. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Sheryl Haley
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sheryl Haley
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75W
    Plymouth, WA

Sheryl, that is wonderful! Did you do the frame and all? What is the size? I think the wood has a nice vintage feel which enhances the overall effect.

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    Sheryl, that is wonderful! Did you do the frame and all? What is the size? I think the wood has a nice vintage feel which enhances the overall effect.

dee
    Thank You !!! It measures 30x18 and Yes, I did the frame too.

Digital Scrapbooking has png files with alot of different frames that I sometimes use in my work.

It's funny , this was only going to be a trial one and then I was going to get a nicer piece of wood as a gift for my Dad.

Sheryl
    Sheryl Haley
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75W
    Plymouth, WA

Sheryl,

That's beautiful!!!!! Where did you get such a good image of the Last Supper? I have been looking for one for quite some time. I would be indebted to you forever if you would share that one!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Great job!

That was the first thing I ever lasered - on a piece of paper. Hold it up to the light & you could see the micro perforations.

However, my image was no were near the level of yours. I'm with Steve, where did you find such a clean copy of this image & are you willing to share it?
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I found the image on this site:
    http://freechristimages.org/biblesto...ast_supper.htm

There are two different versions Enhance and Restored. I used the restored version.

For the frame I used a png image from a digital scrapbooking site that I subscribe to and adusted it to fit. If anyone would like it I cam PM them.

Sheryl
    Sheryl Haley
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75W
    Plymouth, WA

Er, Tim, Steve,

Not to put too fine a point on it but Sheryl, in her second post said "Digital Scrapbooking," and PNG files.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Sherly, I love your "test shot". Went to link but cannot get the image saved. Computer acts like it saves it but I cannot open or import it? I enlarged it, right clicked, and saved. Any suggestions? Thanks, Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Henry View Post
    Computer acts like it saves it but I cannot open or import it?
    Hi Sandy,

If you left click on the image it should open in a new tab. Then right click and select "Save picture as"

Open Corel and import. It worked for me in both Firefox and IE7 using Corel v10.

Can you see the file name when you open the Import dialog in Corel?
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Oh..gad.. That's a much better picture than the one
    I planned to give out this Easter
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Thanks Dave, I tried again. When I "save picture as" it offers file type "art" or "bmp"
    I tried both. Open Corel X3, new page, import, I highlight the saved file, click on import button & the highlight dims & nothing happens.

Sandy,

I just dragged the image from the site onto my desktop and it was there, no problem. Try that!

dee

and Bill: eeeew!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cunningham View Post
    Oh..gad.. That's a much better picture than the one
    I planned to give out this Easter
    lol, Bill you just can't help yourself can you?
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Sheryl

Excellent work!

Try cowhide as a substrate then frame it.

I use paste floor wax on the leather before I engrave it so it is easier to clean up engraving residue then I recoat it with wax and buff it.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    in her second post said "Digital Scrapbooking," and PNG files.
    Man, I Googled "Digital Scrapbooking" and came up with a boatload of sites... the actual .com site with that same name was a paid subscription site. I'm willing to tuck tail between legs if you can point me to the correct site...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5