Thread: How can I quiet a barking dog?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Our neighborhood (two doors down) had an all day and sometimes all night long barking dog problem. The family refused to do anything about it. One day the dog stopped barking, with only an occasional yelp. We couldn't understand why, but were grateful. Turns out the neighbor on the other side of them got fed up and purchased an anti bark device that looked like a bird house and emitted some kind of annoying sound that hurt the dogs ears every time it barked. It worked until the family moved away. I had a similar problem with a dog that lived next door to my elderly MIL. Owner was actually belligerent when asked politely to control the barking, so we got the bird house and set it up....worked like a charm on the dog, but had no effect on the terrible neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Our neighborhood (two doors down) had an all day and sometimes all night long barking dog problem. The family refused to do anything about it. One day the dog stopped barking, with only an occasional yelp. We couldn't understand why, but were grateful. Turns out the neighbor on the other side of them got fed up and purchased an anti bark device that looked like a bird house and emitted some kind of annoying sound that hurt the dogs ears every time it barked. It worked until the family moved away. I had a similar problem with a dog that lived next door to my elderly MIL. Owner was actually belligerent when asked politely to control the barking, so we got the bird house and set it up....worked like a charm on the dog, but had no effect on the terrible neighbor.
    On Amazon 1/3rd say it doesn't work, but 1/3rd say it does, so it is worth a try for my neighbor. They normally try to be considerate, but when they are in a hurry they don't bother.
    Will it bother my dog inside if it is outside? Well, would it bother her if she weren't deaf? Thunder doesn't bother her anymore because she can't hear it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    On Amazon 1/3rd say it doesn't work, but 1/3rd say it does, so it is worth a try for my neighbor. They normally try to be considerate, but when they are in a hurry they don't bother.
    Will it bother my dog inside if it is outside? Well, would it bother her if she weren't deaf? Thunder doesn't bother her anymore because she can't hear it.
    Sixty percent say this one works: Bird House Dog Bark COntrol

No way to tell if your neighbors dog barks and sets off the device if it will bother your dog inside your house.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I like the idea of recording the dog barking ,just an hour of recording would do, then play it back for the owners, maybe if they actually hear how annoying their barking dog is, they might do something more permanent about it, you deserve peace and tranquility as much as everyone else in the neighbourhood.

This is what I use for my dog when we walk with her. She walks off leash because of where I live and this brings her right to my side if she needs a quick adjustment. It makes a noise that dogs do not like and for me it works like a champ. It does not work on all dogs but those it does it is like magic. Amazon has it and it's called "ultrasonic pet trainer".

Red

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Ultras...ic+pet+trainer
    RED