Thread: Cabinet Saw B-Day Present?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Thank you, David. But it makes me nervous spending that much money. Right now I'm in a state of mental paralysis.
    Hi Julie,
    i understand completely! I’ve replaced my major stationary tools over the last two years after decades of budget tools. Table saw, bandsaw and individual bench top jointer and planer with an FS 30 combo J/P. Each was a big expense and major upgrade. All I can say is that after I got them home and dialled in, I forgot about the cost. I enjoy them every day I turn them on and I turn them on often!
    If you can swing it and it doesn’t cause undue harm to you or SO’s plans or lifestyle, I say “Happy Birthday”!

Quote Originally Posted by David Publicover View Post
    Hi Julie,
    i understand completely! I’ve replaced my major stationary tools over the last two years after decades of budget tools. Table saw, bandsaw and individual bench top jointer and planer with an FS 30 combo J/P. Each was a big expense and major upgrade. All I can say is that after I got them home and dialled in, I forgot about the cost. I enjoy them every day I turn them on and I turn them on often!
    If you can swing it and it doesn’t cause undue harm to you or SO’s plans or lifestyle, I say “Happy Birthday”!
    Thank you, David, but from the lack of response I'm getting from Harvey (emails and phone calls) there seems to be no one interested in selling their tools. The phone keeps going to voicemail, which I do leave for them to answer. Emails I've sent have gone unanswered. I get emails about flash sales but no responses to my phone calls or emails. Makes me wonder about customer service...
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

That’s unfortunate. My personal rule is I never fight with someone to take my money! I’d find a different brand or move on. The nice thing is you can wait until you are satisfied since you’re not in a rush. In the meantime, there’s sailing!