Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who to interview

I'd second Mike Wentzloff.

Though she doesn't post as often, how about Pam Neidermier (sp?).

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

I'll up your second, and I'll third Mike Wenzloff. I saw Leif Hanson on the list also, looking forward to his, an exceptional member of the woodworking community at large...and another saw maker (just can't have too many saw makers;-).

I'd like to see one of Alf as well, if she's not on the list.
    --
    Life is about what your doing today, not what you did yesterday! Seize the day before it sneaks up and seizes you!

Alan - http://www.traditionaltoolworks.com:8080/roller/aland/

3. Quote Originally Posted by Alan DuBoff
    ...I saw Leif Hanson on the list also, looking forward to his, an exceptional member of the woodworking community at large...and another saw maker (just can't have too many saw makers;-).

I'd like to see one of Alf as well, if she's not on the list.
    I would second/third or whatever both of those people.

Alice Frampton [Alf] is a very knowledgable woodworker with a great sense of humor who has done much for the wood working community at large. That said, I can now almost see her blushing...

And what more can be said of Leif? He has done more for helping people become self-sufficient especially as regards making and sharpening saws than anyone I know. He freely shares his knowledge--the mark of one comfortable with himself and his abilities.

Dan mentioned Pam--and I would include her too.

So many interesting people. Thanks for doing this I have enjoyed reading about everyone selected. Too bad we cannot all get together for some enjoyable times.

Take care, Mike
    who knows he has a monkey on his back re saws...

I have updated the list to reflect some new names. I have also numbered them.

The only thing to keep in mind when suggesting a name is the "Neander inclination". With the type of questions being asked it is more fun/interesting if a neanderthal is being interviewed.

John Mclane, complained that the interviews are coming in too fast, that's why we have the "master list" sticky. Just go through the list at your leisure.

I did not see that earlier. Thanks. The interviews are fun to read and I tend to look up some of their threads to see what they have done since I'm not as familiar with some of the people. Thanks Excellent job.

I wouldn't interview Mike.

All he's talk about are those seductive and stunning saws, and this would create far too much distress for all of us. Or he might mention the interesting furniture he has designed and build as a professional cabinetmaker. Or the fact that he comes from a long line of woodworkers, and has an interesting history of his own. Or the fun/challenge in working out of a single garage workshop. Or his unique method of storing wood, Or ... mmm, maybe he is a good candidate to interview.

Regards from Perth

Derek

7. Had to chuckle.

Aside from a couple of the other interviews I am looking forward to, I'm looking forward to therapy time with your interview, Derek. Tables turned, you're on the proverbial couch. What exactly makes Derek tic?

As many times as we have communicated, I really know very little about you. And the rest of the list--and those not on it who probably ought to be instead of me. I've enjoyed 'em all.

Now, whoever was last on the coach, make way, it's Derek's turn...

Take care, Mike

Zahid, This isn't a suggestion for a person but for an additional thing to include in the interview.

I'd really like to see a picture of the person being interviewed, perhaps in their shop - but any picture of them would help. It would just add an extra dimension to the interview.

Great job - thanks for taking the initiative to do this.

Mike

I think it's a good idea. So if any of the previously inteviewed personnel would like to add an "at work" picture email it to me and I will add it to your interview.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Michael Henderson
    Zahid, This isn't a suggestion for a person but for an additional thing to include in the interview.

I'd really like to see a picture of the person being interviewed, perhaps in their shop - but any picture of them would help. It would just add an extra dimension to the interview.

Great job - thanks for taking the initiative to do this.

Mike

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Zahid, I think you should interview Zahid Naqvi.

Or did I miss it?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I agree with Bruce - Let's add Zahid Naqvi to the list!

Mike

I don't know about that. I really have nothing to add when it comes to woodworking, and haven't lived a life of adventure as many of the others have. Maybe when we run out of all other names.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Michael Henderson
    I agree with Bruce - Let's add Zahid Naqvi to the list!

Mike
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Everyone has a story.

Mike

George Wilson seems like one that should be at the top of the list. Hardly an area of skill or knowledge he is missing. Amazing artist as well.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Strawn View Post
    George Wilson seems like one that should be at the top of the list. Hardly an area of skill or knowledge he is missing. Amazing artist as well.

Bob
    I'll second that suggestion. George does amazing work and has a great story to tell.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.