Thread: Sanding paste or Mineral oil and bees wax finish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wouldn't add ANY mineral oil to beeswax.

If anything, I would add in small amounts of mineral spirits to make the wax more pliable. Mineral oil doesn't dry fast enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    I wouldn't add ANY mineral oil to beeswax.

If anything, I would add in small amounts of mineral spirits to make the wax more pliable. Mineral oil doesn't dry fast enough for me.

I have used this as a finish over triple e ultrashine and it leaves a bit more satin finish than my usual finish, but I haven't like the consistancy. Even on my last batch, it had a bit too much oil in it. Oh well, I will get in tuned in eventually.
    Denny

Always try to be the best but, never think you are the best.

I've been using this stuff with good results. It appears they use carnuba and bees wax along with their orange oil. Maybe this can offer a hint to success

20210407_164303.jpg
    20210407_164254.jpg
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Mike Peace has a YT video on making a sanding paste. There are others too but his is pretty typical

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nathal View Post
    Mike Peace has a YT video on making a sanding paste. There are others too but his is pretty typical
    Yeah, I've watched his and some other's videos. They were saying 4: 1 ratio and that has been too thin for my liking. I don't use so much as a sanding paste but rather a finish on top of the tripple E ultrashine.
    Denny

Always try to be the best but, never think you are the best.