Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

13 July 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well, no shop time because it is so blasted hot. Last I checked, it was 109 degrees F in the shop and that's with the doors open. Now I remember why I used to close my shop to all project by mid-June and not open it back up until mid-to-late September. Start oncall duty this morning and I don't look forward to that. The LOML and I sat and watched a couple of movies this weekend to take some time to rest. The LOML has one more class in her Master Gardener certification and that will be on the coming Saturday. She is really liking the class and learning a lot.

Heat advisories most all week this week with high humidity, should be a "fun" week.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Does packing up your shop qualify as an accomplishment? I'm not close to being done but the shop is starting to look barren.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

I poured the 2nd of the 3 cement pads in my "new" shop. Called the cement company.... Sat. at 7am is the only slot they have open. I went for it as they say "strike while the iron is hot". I spent the bulk of the day tending that project and finally crashed around 5pm after screeding, throwing some forms together for the extra cement we had, and then power troweling the pad. Needless to say I was dog tired. I've come to the realization that I'm not a pro at finishing concrete... I've help pour thousands of yards of concrete for rough projects but this was a whole different beast. But at least there's progress being made.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

I delivered my latest tack trunk commission this weekend, as well as rode the pony, mowed the lawn and finally got the herb/hot pepper/tomato garden fully weeded and some improvements made.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Building this arbor thing for my wife in the backyard.

PT lumber. Shoot me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Harold, nothing wrong with pt for arbors, it should be rustic. Would like to see a non square more vertical ,or more fanciful lattice design....but I probably won't be using it as often as you all.

Went Harper's Ferry on Saturday, Steamtown (Scranton PA) on Sunday, Nicholson Bridge today, then to Pennsylvania Railroad Museum, and Strasburg Railroad today. Home tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Harold, nothing wrong with pt for arbors, it should be rustic. Would like to see a non square more vertical ,or more fanciful lattice design....but I probably won't be using it as often as you all.
    Oh, no...This lattice work is as "fancy" as it is going to get. I HATE working with PT stuff.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Prepped and epoxied the new shop floor

Blog Entries
    I have been traveling with LOML for the last two weeks. This weekend it was Paris (before that Munich, Berlin, and Amsterdam). Coming home now

Returned the grand dog to my Louisville son. A good trip but I must remember to not talk politics.