Chain is a full chisel and the rails look even and OK; there is some sideways tilting movement of the chain but its not unreasonable. Closer inspection with linear calipers indicated a difference between several left and right teeth; further checks showed all left teeth are longer than those on the right side. After reading repetitive discrepancies, I just used the eye balls for a good hard look(sometimes the best tool) and all the teeth on the left side are now noticeably longer and cleaner and sharper than those on the right side. Seems the left side with the sharper teeth is cutting better, thus the slice to the left. Something had to cause this. Have had the bar in a serious bind a few times but I cannot see any deflection; time to take apart again and use the TS as a flat and check it out again. Otherwise, will take to dealer and have them determine why this occured. Could sharpen and even the teeth but might simply happen again.
Many thanks to all the folks sharing their ideas. Had I looked more closely I could have saved you guys some time...sorry about that. Still must find out why the teeth are not identical...OR EVEN CLOSE. Need to get this fixed....there is a log still waiting .