Thread: gas oven and electric range?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    We have always had an all electric range, 40+ years now. When I recently remodeled the kitchen with all new appliances, I opted for the dual fuel range. Went with the mid level GE Café series. I love the grill in the middle. Often I just clean it with a paper towel in place. Converts to a 5th elongated burner by just changing out the griddle for the grate. So far I like it. How does the saying go? "Now we are cooking with gas!"? I was not comfortable with a gas oven so that portion needed to be electric. Now we have a dual oven, the smaller one on the bottom is a drawer that can be used for warming or cooking clean things as it is not self cleaning, top is a convection oven I WILL learn how to use. I am practicing now as our microwave in the RV is also a convection oven, and our only oven in the RV. 3 months a year in that requires that we learn how to use it. But I am not used to the combustion products when using the gas cook top so I just leave the range vent on low. We did install a 600 cfm Broam rooftop vented range vent. Considered a convection range, but decided I wanted to do more cooking now that I am retired so I went with gas. I was a bit persuaded as my son's lady friend is in culinary school at midlife and just redid her kitchen with a dual fuel setup and loves it. With fire you have heat in an instant, and when you turn it off, no more heat. Our oven still requires a 40 amp 220 volt service.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 11-22-2013 at 4:20 PM.