Apparently I have not communicated my problem very well. Let me try again.
My AV receiver does have an audio out connector as well as a zone 2 output (which is the equivalent of the B speaker). The hearing aid device has the std RCA male connectors which will connect to either of the audio output ports and should work when a signal is being sent to the port. However, both of these output connections are analog and only work when the input device being played is analog as well. All of my input devices are digital and all connect to the receiver via an HDMI cable. The manual clearly states that the output ports will only work when the input source is analog. I think that someone suggested that maybe the reason for this has to do with copyright infringement because there is no quality loss with digital like there is with analog, and the primary purpose of the audio out ports is to be able to record music during playback.
I am afraid I may be out of luck, if I want to use continue using this AV receiver. Someone has suggested that there my be a smartphone app that could help.