I few weeks back the clothes dryer died. No huge surprise, as it was seventeen years old and had given flawless service. The drum bearings and front wear plates had worn out. I replaced them and performed a general clean and tune-up. It worked for about a week and then started to stop in the middle of a load. This dryer had a reversing tumble feature and it would stop an refuse to restart for 20-30 minutes. By my estimation it was either the motor dying or the computer processor failing. It seemed likely to be a temperature overload to me. While we had got a maintenace kit to replace the bearings, etc, both the processor and the motor were unavailable (read obsolete and none left in stock). A search through craigslist and the site that must not be named had no results. A message board for this washer / dryer brand had none of the parts either. It was clear in the threads that this was the common mode of failure. While there were other parts available none that solved my problem. As the laundry was piling up, I admitted defeat and broke down and bought a new dryer. Sad but true.