Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I picked up my new lathe today.

I picked up my new lathe today.

I picked up my new Delta 46-460 lathe this afternoon. Here are a few pics of it sitting on a bench in the shop. I will have to build a new bench for it to get it down to a comfortable height for me. The only concern that I have with it is that the tailstock center seems to have a slight wobble to it when running at low speeds. How much is acceptable (if any). I might just run it back to Woodcraft this weekend and let them stick it on one of their machines and check it out for me. Thanks for looking, Terry. Delta 46-460 Lathe 001.jpg

Delta 46-460 Lathe 002.jpg

Delta 46-460 Lathe 003.jpg

Looks like a nice lathe.
    Not sure what you mean by wobble.
    Make sure to give a review of the lathe once you've tested it. I'm sure people will want to hear about it since it's a new lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by alex carey View Post
    Looks like a nice lathe.
    Not sure what you mean by wobble.
    Make sure to give a review of the lathe once you've tested it. I'm sure people will want to hear about it since it's a new lathe.
    I guess what I'm meaning to say is that it seems to have a little run-out when I start and shut off the machine. It may not be an issue when I insatall a blank between centers and tighten it up a bit. It will more than likely be next weekend before I have a chance to build a new bench or modify my existing bench to mount it to. Today is my boys 12th birthday and im gonna spend this weekend with him. Thanks again, Terry.

Congrats on the new lathe. Looks like a good one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

NIce little lathe

It looks like it will do the job! A buddy of mine has 2 deltas and they work for him! If you take care of it it will take care of you!

Have fun and turn safe!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Congrats on the new lathe, be sure to give us a nice review of your experience with it!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Congrats on the new lathe, it looks like it should be a nice one!
    Chris

What! There's no coffee!!?

Congrats on the new lathe Terry!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congratulations on the new lathe. I hope it brings you years of happy turning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hope you all got a nice stash. Because this was seized at the border today.

Congratulations on the new lathe. I'll be watching for a report after you get it up and running.

Terry - enjoy your son's birthday!

Congrats on your new lathe! Hope the tailstock issue is minor. Looking forward to hearing how you like the lathe once you have a chance to turn on it! Have fun!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Have you done an alignment test? Could be just a simple adjustment to the tailstock.

Is this a new model? What are the specs?

I can't say I've ever seen this model.

Burt

If it's used the bearings on the center might be a little worn out. Can you wiggle the center around by hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Alcantara View Post
    Have you done an alignment test? Could be just a simple adjustment to the tailstock.

Is this a new model? What are the specs?

I can't say I've ever seen this model.

Burt
    Here is a link to the specs, it is a new model that has just came out. I did check alignment between the head and tail stock and they were smack on. I talked to a salesman at Woodcraft this morning and explained the problem to him and they are gonna replace the live center for me on Monday. http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=19220

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Derhammer View Post
    If it's used the bearings on the center might be a little worn out. Can you wiggle the center around by hand?
    No it cant be wiggled around by hand, it just turns on the bearings a little bit out of round.