Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to put my lathe in my living room !!

I want to put my lathe in my living room !!

This morning the weather man said the heat index for today would be 100 degrees and it sure felt like it. Unfortunately summer hasn't even started good yet so I'm thinking August is going to be really bad. It's usually not this hot this early. Last year we had a few days in August when the heat index got up to 110.

I wonder if my wife will let me move my lathe into the living room where the treadmill is. Wish me luck !!

GT
    Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight. Its much more fun.

I would just do it. Tell her you are trying to spend more time with her!

Yup... looking forward to the photos!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

It's always a good idea to have plenty of woodchips in the air when you're working out on the treadmill. Especially cherry. It's good for her health. I think I read that somewhere.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Much easier to watch instructional DVDs on the big screen while implementing all those great new ideas right there on the lathe!! Great thinking!

Let us know how that works out for you, and if you need a place to stay for a couple of weeks, let me know!

Good luck Glenn! Let us know how it turns out. (pun intended).

Don't forget John's offer of the cot in his shop....that's providing he's not using it. Then you can have a sleeping bag on the floor of his shop!

Again...Good luck!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

We want pictures.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Smile

yeah that will go over about as good as me moving the wife downstairs and moving the shop upstairs.....
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Living rooom lathe

Sounds like a winner to me. Invite some guests over , sanding cocobolo with 320 grit should do the trick.

I know a guy whose wife went to visit her parents for the Summer and he built a sail boat in his living room. He might have gotten away with it, if he had been a little more careful with the epoxy.

Tell her you'll be neat with it.

Always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

MMc

Or you could just put in AC in the garage. It will be where you will be sleeping when she catches you moving the lathe to the living room.
    Matt Newton
    IAFF Local 2664

non illigitimi carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McAfee View Post
    Always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

MMc
    Exactly! Just do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Newton View Post
    Or you could just put in AC in the garage. It will be where you will be sleeping when she catches you moving the lathe to the living room.
    Now where's the fun in that!
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Well, one thing about it, it's gonna make all the other bad things you've done look like minor infractions to your wife.

Let us know if you pull it off.

Geez. You guys must not have been around too long. You gotta use "psychology". You start out by talking about how "dated" your living room looks. After a while, this will segue into a full blown discussion about remodeling (or redecorating). Then you suddenly have a brilliant idea to incorporate some turnings into the "new" living room. Of course, the entire room will have to be stripped bare and at that point it only makes sense to move some tools into the room to do the work, right? You get where I'm going with this?
    David DeCristoforo