Thread: A Seattle Legend Passed Away

A Seattle Legend Passed Away

Anyone that's lived in Seattle knows how much the voice of the Mariners, Dave Niehaus means to us. Over 30 years broadcasting baseball here he's become like everyone's extra Grandfather, and is the first Mariner to make it into the Hall of Fame.

He died today at the age of 75.

Rest in peace, Dave, Mariner games will never be the same without you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Blog Entries
    Noooooooooo! I am so sad. I was a Mariners fan back in the eighties (before they got good). We would turn off the sound if the Mariners were actually on tv and listen to Dave. In the Kingdome, us bleacher bums would listen to Dave while watching the game.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

"Get out the rye bread and mustard grandma, it's a grand salami!" I will truly miss Dave. He had an unmatched passion for the sport of baseball.

On the way in to work I pass Safeco. This morning all the TV trucks were there at 6:30am, filming as people dropped off flowers, cards and signs in an impromptu memorial at the home plate gate.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green