Thread: Is it possible to have too much in your workshop?

Is it possible to have too much in your workshop?

Okay, my wife can no longer complain that I have too many tools in our basement. The video on page 3 is mind boggling. I think I need more routers and drills!

woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/"]http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/

-Jon
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-19-2011 at 7:09 AM.

Without even clicking ... lots of us know of him. Very good woodworker, and friendly guy !

You can have TOO LITTLE WORKSHOP, but NOT too much stuff

The key tool in the workshop is the woodworker. He needs space to stand and to transition between work stations. Those areas are the most important part of a workshop. Everything else is just storage.

My name is Chip and I AM a MACHINERY-holic! I admit I have a problem. 7 shapers, 4 tablesaws, 3 RASs, 3 planers, 3 jointers, 2 BSs, 2 DPs! The list goes on...I'll stop there. Yes, One can have too many tools.

Some need to be sold. Some I would not part with for any price. I just need a bigger Shop!...like an old warehouse! Bruuhaahaahaa! (Isn't CraigsList wonderful???)
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 01-18-2011 at 9:33 PM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Knauft View Post
    Okay, my wife can no longer complain that I have too many tools in our basement. The video on page 3 is mind boggling. I think I need more routers and drills!

http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/

-Jon
    Thats quite a collection he has! I will admit he makes the most of every square inch of the place.

BTW Jon, you have a great woodworking website!! Nicely done.

He has a lot of stuff and it looks like it would work for a nice shop, but it doesn't look like he can build much more than birdhouses due to lack of space and assembly area. Even a 10 foot by 10 foot open space would be helpful. Maybe he has it, but it doesn't show. Also, since it is in a basement larger items may be difficult to get out. I cannot imagine carrying sheets of plywood to his tablesaw.

I like my shop, but I wouldn't mind some of his gadgets!

I have that very foot pedal biscuit joiner. I would like to see the attached cam lever he used to eliminate the foot pedal variance.
    CW Miller
    Whispering Wood Creations

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

sure it is .garden tools ,grass cutters , motor cycles ,kids toys ,unused household clutter ,the list goes on but too many woodwork tools!!!!!!!!!!!