Thread: Koa Tv stand done.

Koa Tv stand done.

I just completed and delivered this stand today. It is made from Koa ply and solid Koa with a touch of Mango on the bottom for contrast. The small fan is a Japanese touch as the owner is Japanese. I wanted to add that to add just a little other color to match the bottom light Mango. The fan is made from Maple and Ebony. I would like to try inlays next. I would also like to use diffrent species of wood in the same piece. I've been using all the same wood in my pieces and I think they've become boring like that.

Please pardon the terrible pictures. The wood is real nice and I'm a bad photographer. Actually taking a class this coming Saturday.

Thanks for looking.

Aloha,
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks very good Rob. Is that finish a dull or satin lacquer over oil? I like your fan! Good idea.

Todd

Todd, It is Watco Danish Oil.

Rob

That looks terrific! I'm sure the customer will be thrilled. I would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    That looks terrific! I'm sure the customer will be thrilled. I would be.
    Hi Phil! I'm the Rob from Hilo that made your separator and I installed my DC directly on top of it with a window in the garbage can to see when it gets full. Still works great. It was on your site a while ago.

I made the stand for my sister in law.

Aloha,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Wong View Post
    Hi Phil! I'm the Rob from Hilo that made your separator and I installed my DC directly on top of it with a window in the garbage can to see when it gets full. Still works great. It was on your site a while ago.

I made the stand for my sister in law.

Aloha,

Rob
    Wow. Hi Rob! I remember, your post was one of the first on my site.

Love the stand. That Koa is beautiful.