Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese laser accuracy problem letters look pixalated rabbit (6090?)

Chinese laser accuracy problem letters look pixalated rabbit (6090?)

Can you help me?

We always had some trouble with getting sharp letters from the Rabbit laser
    We use “ Laser Engrave and Cut System (DSP) 4.0. We have a 60 watt laser.

Attached are some pictures of the problem and of the machine

Sincerely,

Moishe L. Chanowitz
    Plaque Impact!

ta 113 (1024x768).jpgta 099 (1280x960).jpgta 101 (1024x768).jpgta 110 (1024x768).jpg
    Mr C.

You most likely need to increase your scan gap setting and possibly slow down the machine.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

it doesnt help at all. It becomes worse!
    My scan gap (step interval) is.088, my speed is 400 and my power is 60
    Mr C.

Sorry, I forgot on Chinese machines higher the gap, lower the resolution. Your scan gap should be around .05 (roughly 500dpi). I'm not sure about the speed but I believe between 400-600 is what you want.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

made the scan gap .05. did not help
    Mr C.

Silly question, but have you zoomed in and looked at the text? Is it a nice crisp edge on the file that you are sending to the laser?

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

I have a rabbit and just engraved some romark material. I used a speed of 300 with a scan gap of .085 - using the LaserCut software. I think I could have run faster, but I only had one shot at this job and after a small test pattern, these are the values I used. I also questioned the rabbit supplier about maximum speed and was told that even though the machine will run faster, you may loose quality above a speed of 350. It's worth a try to slow down a bit.

yess! it is arial in vectors from Corel Draw
    Mr C.

You need to check a few things
    1) Check belt tightness and check if there is any slop in the motion system\
    2) Check your material is actually not moving at all
    3) Try to do the same engraving using one direction engraving only (not firing on the forward and backward scan of the head , just on forward) , if it is better then you need to set backlash compensation , this is actually a software setting to control where the laser fires for a forward scan and then a backward scan. You need a magnifying loupe to inspect the engraving .
    You want something like this
    -------
    -------
    -------
    -------

and NOT this
    ------
    ...------
    ------
    ....------

(ignore the dots , they just to format the text in the post)
    Backlash will change with speed , so you may need to set this for different speed values
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Are you sure that is laserable material? It looks like what happens when using a laser on material made for rotary engraving. It's also much deeper than it should be, normally meaning set for too much power.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Try 200 speed, 20% power and unilateral. Get the quality back and work up from there.
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

tryed all powers and all speeds and I dont get any better results
    Mr C.

Thanks for trying to help me out
    I tried to loosen and to tighthen the belts, to engrave in only one direction and I checked my engraving material, but it did not help
    I finally resolved part of my problem. I noticed that my letters were not smooth. When I export it to hpgl, the curves like in the "O"turn to 12- 20 sided polygons.
    When I export it to .ai, I get rounded letters. This does help alot, but still does not resolve the whole problem.

Also, what is the correct way to export to hpgl?
    Last edited by Levi Chanowitz; 02-06-2013 at 6:56 PM. Reason: added more info
    Mr C.

I don't know your software but in CorelDraw you save the file as a plt file for HPGL.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I have a Chinese Laser (Shenhui) and I have always exported DXF out of Corel and then imported the file in RDCAM (Laser software). I have never faced this issue on any of my detailed work.

Regards
    KN
    Shenhui 80W RECI (600mm x 900mm)
    Corel X5