Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outfeed Table, Folding

Nice OFT

Good design, Ole and good job! Whadda you do with the support when the table isn't up-right? Is it folded underneath somehow?
    I gotta build me one!

ole anderson...what's the deal with all the holes in the insert? do they help with dust collection? any tips on table saw table top dust collection that don't involve anything occurring above the blade?

Blog Entries
    what's the deal with all the holes in the insert? do they help with dust collection? any tips on table saw table top dust collection that don't involve anything occurring above the blade?
    I thought it might help a bit with dust collection, but it sure won't take the place of a topside dust collector, and with my allergies, that may be next on my list. Been reading too much Bill Pentz lately. http://www.billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm

Oops, did I just hijack my own thread?

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    That’s a nice simple design, a lot simpler than my Rube Goldberg folding Outfeed.
    Do you get any tipping at the outside corners?
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Blog Entries
    That’s a nice simple design, a lot simpler than my Rube Goldberg folding Outfeed.
    Do you get any tipping at the outside corners?
    It sems very steady. I made the support 10 inches wide and with the french cleat like connection, the more weight, the tighter it gets.so it not like I just stuck a stick in the middle.

Blog Entries
    And here is an up to date shot with the new SharkGuard and dust collection system:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 05-25-2012 at 8:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    And another update pic. As you can see I finally extended the miter grooves into the extension to accommodate my large sled's runners.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9% of my work on the table saw involves smaller pieces that do not need an outfeed table. What I did is when I was setting up the shop in the garage, I bought s set of lower cabinets without tops off of craigslist. I took one of them and put it on wheels. It is my glue up and clamping station. I made the top level with my ts top. The table stays against a wall and is a needed work area so it doesn't take up unnecessary space but when I need an outfeed table I just roll it over and lock the wheels. The benefit of this is that it will work either direction and I can position it towards the middle, left or right side where I get the most benefit of it as an outfeed table. It works really well for me and still gives me all the free space around the ts when I am not using it. Not to mention a good place to store extra ts equipment such as blades and things. I have 3 of them all set to the same height and they can be rolled together to make me a large work bench when I need another one.

That looks way too nice to be in my shop.

Really nice work though.

hey ole. do those holes in the insert really help with dust collection?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Tarantino View Post
    hey ole. do those holes in the insert really help with dust collection?
    Some. Hard to tell how much. Not a panacea.

Ole:

How do you like the Shark Guard? I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

Dan B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber1 View Post
    Ole:

How do you like the Shark Guard? I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

Dan B
    I love it, very fast off and on, including the splitter unless you need to rip a miter, then the quick release lever is in the way and it takes some doing to get it off. May be specific to my G1023. I went with the 3" hose version.