Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used Powermatic on eBay worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by CPeter James View Post
    What might be need on the PM66 would not take more than a couple of days if you are doing a complete restoration and repaint, just getting the machine in top running condition. There are things to check like the elevation and angling and that there are not broken castings. It may not be a good deal, but a new PM is pushing $3,000 and it is made across the pond. Check it out and at least you will have the chance to pass based on what you see in person, not just a photo.

BTW, I have a PM66 from 1993 and love it.

CPeter
    Do you feel your 93 is as nice as the older PMs?

A 1993 saw shouldn't need bearings.
    The rust and dirt means nothing. Bar Keepers Friend will clean it up.
    $1,200 is too much.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Yost View Post
    Do you feel your 93 is as nice as the older PMs?
    I think my '93 PM66 is pretty nice. It is the two belt drive system vs the three belt. The fit and finish is excellent. It cuts like a dream. It has the 3 hp single phase motor. I only paid $1,000 with a nice surround table. I did replace the fence with a Delta UniFence. It is fitted with an Exactor sliding table and overarm blade guard. I run Ridge Carbide blades, but also have Forrest and others. To answer you question, I would say that because it was in great condition when I bought it, that I would have to say that this particular saw is as good as the older ones.

A long and slightly disjointed answer.

Cpeter

I went looking for the saw on ebay, and found the entry "terminated by user due to error", or some such. I clicked on the photo and got a screen of Powermatic equipment for sale - mostly 66 saws. THere is one there for $500... GRAB IT!!!!! It's got the extension wing, the original PM fence, and is on the mobile base. If I had room for it I wouldn't be writing this...