Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busy Couple Weeks

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the healthcare boogie man! If you guys haven't taken a look at the cost vs the coverage, make sure you are sitting down when you do! I'm trying to get back into the job market for at least 4 or 5 more years just because of the healthcare issue!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I went full time with the laser work about a year ago. Haven't looked back. It's terrifying at times to be the sole breadwinner in the family but I really REALLY enjoy being my own boss. Who wouldn't?
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Selway View Post
    I went full time with the laser work about a year ago. Haven't looked back. It's terrifying at times to be the sole breadwinner in the family but I really REALLY enjoy being my own boss. Who wouldn't?
    I've been self-employed for over 10 years now. Who wouldn't want to be their own boss? Anyone who doesn't want to take sole and full responsibility for themselves and their business; anyone who just wants to show up, do their job, and know how much to expect in their paychecks every two weeks; anyone who expects to be paid overtime if they have to show up early or stay late, and expects to get 2-4 weeks of annual vacation and sick leave; anyone who doesn't like challenges and stress, feast and famine workloads, uncertain schedules and income, learning to be a jack of all (or at least many) trades... there are way more people who wouldn't want to be their own boss than those who would, and a lot of those who think they would want to be their own boss would probably discover that they really don't want that if they took the leap and tried...