Thread: What chuck is this?

What chuck is this?

Anyone know the manufacturer of this chuck? It has the number 3704-100 shown on it, which corresponds with stuff that Bison makes. Is it possible that Axminster distributed it at one time because the jaws on it are from them, at least that's what the box shows that they were in. The reason for asking is ... 1) I would like to have the adjusting screw that is damaged repaired. You can see a piece broken off in one of the pics. 2) I also have a couple sets of large aluminum adjustable jaws that match it. 3) I need to get a back plate that matches my lathe. 4) And lastly, the chuck seems to be well made and probably worth the effort.

012.jpg
    013.jpg

Looks like an Axeminster

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Cayll View Post
    Looks like an Axeminster
    I think you're correct. It seems to match their Super Precision Chuck. According to Axminster's website backing plates are still available. Hopefully they can also provide a new pinion.

Steve, I just ordered something from Axmiester. It was easy. Took about 10 days to get it, but no tracking number.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Quote Originally Posted by William C Rogers View Post
    Steve, I just ordered something from Axmiester. It was easy. Took about 10 days to get it, but no tracking number.
    I think that's what I'll probably do, especially considering that I also need to order a replacement pinion. I might be able to have the existing back plate drilled and tapped to match my lathe but the M33 x 3.5 threads might be a challenge around here. Besides, at the price Axminster shows for the plate it might be cheaper to just order a new one.