Thread: Oneway easy-core cutters

Oneway easy-core cutters

Question for those using the easy core system. Is there a significant advantage to the carbide cutter Oneway offers over their steel cutter?

People rave about this product: https://huntertoolsystems.com/product/coring-cartridge/ If I still had mine I'd consider this one. The original can be difficult.

I don't know who designed the Oneway cutter, but as far as I am concerned, it is the worst one out there. That is why the Hunter Core Pro is selling well. Apparently Oneway has no plans to change their cutter design.

robo hippy

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gray View Post
    I don't know who designed the Oneway cutter, but as far as I am concerned, it is the worst one out there. That is why the Hunter Core Pro is selling well. Apparently Oneway has no plans to change their cutter design.

robo hippy
    They designed the original cutter as a safety cutter. They wanted to control the curl size so it would not want to grab. And as many safety devices go, it's not the best for cutting speed. Similar to a safety chain on a chainsaw. They have a high raker to limit curl thickness. But they are miserable for anyone who really knows how to handle a chainsaw.

Thank you guys for the info. Apparently the Hunter is a different design and an improvement over the Oneway cutter.

I'll be honest, I don't mind the oneway cutters. I bought carbide replacement tips from AZCarbide.com but haven't even put them on because using/sharpening the original cutters has gone so smoothly. I've only cored about 10 blanks since purchasing the coring system (chinese and siberian elm, sycamore, and poplar) but it has gone smoother and faster than I expected. Maybe when I get some harder wood I will want to change them out, we'll see.

Here is a pic of some curly poplar I cored:
    IMG_7839.jpg

Tom

carbide cutters from AZcarbide.com are all I have used and work perfectly even on hardwoods like hickory and pecan

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLES D Richards View Post
    carbide cutters from AZcarbide.com are all I have used and work perfectly even on hardwoods like hickory and pecan
    Are the AZCarbide cutters the same design as the Oneway cutters or are they improved like the Hunter cutter?

Bernie,
    I have not used the Korpro from Mike Hunter but all the comments I have read are all positive on the Korpro. At this point I am pleased with AZcarbide cutters but that's not to say I wouldn't try the Korpro in the future.