Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering From Rockler Online

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rambour View Post
    I planned on ordering those, I waited too long, and the website said no longer available.
    Yeah, I think I procrastinated too long also! Even though they showed in-stock on the website, they probably had a bunch of orders ahead of mine.

I think I'm just a glutton for punishment, because I placed an order for the Incra Mast-R-Lift-II-R on the 30th.
    JessEm-Incra Router Lift Rockler Version .jpg
    Rockler currently has that on sale for 35% off, and naturally with the offices closed for New Years I won't get an update on my order until Tuesday.
    The Incra router lift is even a better deal than the clamps were, so hopefully I got that one in time.

Doug
    Last edited by Doug Walls; 01-01-2024 at 9:10 PM.

Someone in the marketing department at Rockler is likely in hot water over that sale. "OK, who decided to put Bessey clamps on sale? Don't these people know woodworkers can NEVER have enough clamps and will patiently wait years for a discount so they can click "Buy" in huge numbers?"

I bought this Bessey set on sale a few years ago, from Woodcraft, I think. It’s great to have. It takes stealth and patience to buy Besseys on sale. Here’s hoping you’ll get your set soon.

Also, the Incra lift is an excellent tool! I opted for the JessEm branded version, and I sing its praises every time I nudge the crank five degrees. I do suspect Incra’s reducing rings may be superior to JessEm’s.

Also, on ordering online from Rockler…

A few weeks ago I was ready to learn more about some Blum cup hinges and Blumotion drawer slides. It’s my first time with these parts. Expecting nothing more that a recording, or worse, a bot, I called Rockler’s customer service line. Sure enough, a recording, but it said to leave a message. I thought, how quaint, and with no expectations I left my name and number and said I had questions about Blum parts. Then I kind of forgot about it and went back to designing my cabinet.

A very well informed lady called me back some time later. Twenty minutes later I had the part numbers specified, along with prices, stock status (in) and a discount code that beat Home Depot. Not only the numbers, but some advice based on experience using the hinges and slides.

She’d been with Rockler for twenty years. I have to say, Rockler just secured my loyalty for the foreseeable future.

In the end, I drove 20 minutes to the local store and bought not just the Blum parts, but also their coping jig and a Freud cope and stick router bit set. Good prices on everything, too, probably because of Christmas. I’d feel a little shifty now if I went price shopping to save ten bucks somewhere else.

I wish Rockler the best in these brutally competitive times.
    Last edited by Bob Jones 5443; 01-02-2024 at 1:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    Also, the Incra lift is an excellent tool! I opted for the JessEm branded version, and I sing its praises every time I nudge the crank five degrees. I do suspect Incra’s reducing rings may be superior to JessEm’s.
    Just so you know, JessEm makes the router lifts for Incra.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 01-02-2024 at 4:27 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tagging

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Just so you know, JessEm makes the router lifts for Incra.
    Yes. That’s why I opted for the JessEm a few years ago, thinking the “original” would be somehow better. Since then, I’ve seen there’s a small risk of getting a bump on the table height if I’m not careful wrenching the JessEm’s inserts down. It’s not enough to make me regret the choice, but I might prefer the magnetic plates of the Incra.

Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks dealing with Rockler & their shipping department.

After being told that the Bessey clamps were over sold & going through all the hassles of getting a refund!
    A week after getting my refund the clamps showed up & I was never rebilled for them.
    Just to make things more confusing, about 5 days later a second set of Bessey's showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Someone in the marketing department at Rockler is likely in hot water over that sale.
    Well, I don't know about the marketing department! But someone in their shipping department probably had a few points against them.

I waited a little over a week to see if any type of billing or charges showed up on my credit card, but nothing showed up! Even on their web site I never seen any order show up for my account.

Technically being that they were sent out without any sort of billing or charges I probably could have just kept them & counted it as a late Christmas gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Don't these people know woodworkers can NEVER have enough clamps
    After thinking about the whole ordeal for a while, I figured the best thing (morally) to do was to try & figure out what had happened.

I had to go through two different customer service representatives, but I got everything straightened out & ended up saving an additional 20% off of the second set. So, all together I ended up with a total of 12 Bessey's for $280 & not having a guilty conscience.

Good ending and good on you for doing the right thing. Many these days would not.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks dealing with Rockler & their shipping department.

After being told that the Bessey clamps were over sold & going through all the hassles of getting a refund!
    A week after getting my refund the clamps showed up & I was never rebilled for them.
    Just to make things more confusing, about 5 days later a second set of Bessey's showed up.

Well, I don't know about the marketing department! But someone in their shipping department probably had a few points against them.

I waited a little over a week to see if any type of billing or charges showed up on my credit card, but nothing showed up! Even on their web site I never seen any order show up for my account.

Technically being that they were sent out without any sort of billing or charges I probably could have just kept them & counted it as a late Christmas gift.

After thinking about the whole ordeal for a while, I figured the best thing (morally) to do was to try & figure out what had happened.

I had to go through two different customer service representatives, but I got everything straightened out & ended up saving an additional 20% off of the second set. So, all together I ended up with a total of 12 Bessey's for $280 & not having a guilty conscience.
    Kudos for your integrity! Congratulations on your new clamps!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Couldn't agree more, especially on the integrity. Besides, 280 for 12 clamps is a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber View Post
    Good on you for doing the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    Couldn't agree more, especially on the integrity.
    Thanks everyone for the votes of confidence!

I drove a semi over the road for about 10 years & I've seen a bunch of shipping problems. Mistakes happen & usually can be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber View Post
    Good ending and good on you for doing the right thing. Many these days would not.
    +1. Good call Doug.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    I was just trying to take advantage of the $20 off of a $100 or more coupon "including sale price items" that expired on Christmas Eve.

Doug
    I took advantage of the same deal. Rockler does seem to ship via the cheapest method for sale or clearance items but two weeks should be the max. Are you just emailing? I would call. I prefer electronic communication but I always call a human when things seem off.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    +1. Good call Doug.
    Yeah, I thought about it for a little!
    But I realize that mistakes happen & my conscious won't haunt me.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Are you just emailing?
    No, I called their customer service number.

but two weeks should be the max
    It wasn't two weeks! The first package arrived less than a week after they refunded my original order. The second package came about 5-days latter.
    I waited almost two weeks to see if someone may catch the mistake. After not getting a bill of any kind & not hearing from them is when I contacted them.

I prefer electronic communication, but I always call a human when things seem off.
    I'm the opposite, I prefer to talk to a person.

One thing nice with Rockler is that all their customer service reps. speak clear English!
    They're not like some of these on-line service reps. that speak Broken-English & are really hard to understand.