Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorola Razor in the wash

Couple of years ago I was in Key West and I hoisted my son up to look into the shark enclosure and saw my phone leave my waist and go into the water. I had the insurance which is kind of a waste but really handy when you lose your phone so after explaining to the folks on the phone they overnighted a new phone no questions asked.
    I lost a phone once before that and had no insurance and wound up buying a phone compatible with VZ wireless on EBAY. It worked fine to bridge the gap until the "New every Two" came back up for me.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Cliff

Don't throw that old phone out. I've had three phones in our family go through the wash. Take out the battery and put them in the oven at around 120 degrees for a few hours, or overnight. They came back to life with no issues. They were Samsung and Nokias. I have not tried it with a Motorola.

Neil

Friend dropped his in the toilet (yeah, it was clean water) and some of the buttons don't work now.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Clemmons View Post
    Cliff

Don't throw that old phone out. I've had three phones in our family go through the wash. Take out the battery and put them in the oven at around 120 degrees for a few hours, or overnight. They came back to life with no issues. They were Samsung and Nokias. I have not tried it with a Motorola.

Neil

OOOPS too late I chucked it when the guy told me it was dead and I wasn't getting no warrantee.

Cognitive distraction isn't a term I have heard but it fits.

A large percentage of the problems with driving while on the phone come from the conversation and not from actually holding the phone. Making calls and answering is where the headsets come in handy.

If phone calls weren't dangerous the state here wouldn't have a box on the accident forms for "using phone" as a contributing factor to the accident.

Keep the calls short and to the point. No arguments, political discussions and heavy thinking is the safest way to drive while talking.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"