Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    that was brutal having to put up with gumbell and collingsworth for 3 and a half hours...OMG.Can you imagine if the precious colts had been playing for 16-0? They would have been falling all over themselves talking about how great the colts were.....

I have a headache from that one...even my wife who has no football clue was disgusted by it.

end of rant....

go pats!!!!
    Hi Tim. Collingsworth is one of the worst announcers ever. He is simply awful at best. I'm certainly no Pats fan but I watched the game and he is tough to listen to.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Orzehoski View Post
    Hi Tim. Collingsworth is one of the worst announcers ever. He is simply awful at best. I'm certainly no Pats fan but I watched the game and he is tough to listen to.
    I guess you’ve never heard Rusty Wallace call a Nascar race….

Gary, I never said Tom Brady wasn’t good. The kid might make the Hall of Fame before he’s retired. He that good.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 01-27-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Removed Profanity.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Ha! Ha! Your kidding right? I have never seen a quarterback as cool as Brady in the pocket. Don't get me wrong...those guys were good too, but they didn't have the discipline that Brady shows. He is the first at the stadium every day and the last to leave. The man is driven.

Gary
    don't take the bait....you know he couldn't have been serious with that comment...he was just trying to push your button

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Orzehoski View Post
    i cancelled my NFL network just so i would never have to listen to them again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    i cancelled my NFL network just so i would never have to listen to them again...
    I hear you Tim.. If I had it ..I would cancel it too. A great game like that almost ruined by the worst broadcasting I ever heard. If I could find a way to fix that 5 second delay on the radio...well actually the delay is on the TV. WE have excellent radio guys for the Pats.
    Gary..........Tim...your right about taking the bait

Tom...I think I like you!!!!

Gary
    Don't trust my judgment. I'm actually a Falcon fan

I'm not ashamed. Nope. Now, please excuse me while I step outside and remove this mask

Tom
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

Good morning Patriots Fans (and detractors)

Interesting tid bit I read yesterday: The Patriots have an average of victory of 19.6 points per game this season.

Since the NFL introduced a cap on how much teams could spend on players and introduced free agency in 1993, at least 44 per cent of the games each season have been decided by 7 points or fewer.
    I got in a tiff yesterday with a guy who said Brady had it easy because he could stay in the pocket and have great receivers to pass to.
    I said he finally gor some recceivers bnut the patriots won 3 Super Bowls with Brady spending alot of time on his back and very few good wide receivers.

How soon we forget.
    Happy New Year
    Gary

?????? Collinsworth.

Hmm..... Are we sure we're not mistaking "Gumball Brain's" comments for Collinsworth's. It was Gumbel that was driving me nuts.

Too bad Madden can't be everywhere.

For the Giant's Fans. I thought the Giants played a great game. I fully expected Manning to have a meltdown,a nd the game turn into a romp. It was surprising, and it made for a good game, that he didn't fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    ?????? Collinsworth.

Hmm..... Are we sure we're not mistaking "Gumball Brain's" comments for Collinsworth's. It was Gumbel that was driving me nuts.

Too bad Madden can't be everywhere.

For the Giant's Fans. I thought the Giants played a great game. I fully expected Manning to have a meltdown,a nd the game turn into a romp. It was surprising, and it made for a good game, that he didn't fall apart.
    Speaking of the announcer's this article was online today .

http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/gumbe...00010000000001

A few high points from it ,

They heard someone who shouldn’t be in this seat, not beside Cris Collinsworth, who has proved through his work on the NFL Network, NBC and HBO that he is the best N.F.L. analyst around.

But Gumbel, one of the most talented studio personalities of the last 25 years, is struggling to learn what he should be doing after the network’s two seasons

Gumbel’s lack of field vision meant that Collinsworth could have done the two-man job on his own.

You could talk to ten people and get 15 different answers to this debate.

I'm sure his Momma was proud of her son though

Personally I do not like what I see in Brant "Gumball" , he's a arrogant SOB just like his brother. But then most of those type of guys are , as are most pro players , I do get a kick out of hearing " He's the Nicest guy in , you name the sport" They're ALL over paid pre-madonna's !

Just like Vic" the dick" dog fighter, Warren Moon the drunk driver, Jim Layrotts the drunk "killer" driver, etc so very common . Where are the guys like , Ted William's of old .

ThePats sure look unbeatable this year.

Just like Vic" the dick" dog fighter, Warren Moon the drunk driver, Jim Layrotts the drunk "killer" driver, etc so very common . Where are the guys like , Ted William's of old
    Yea, where are the guys of old, say, like Babe Ruth? Gary

Yea, where are the guys of old, say, like Babe Ruth? Gary

Ya he was jerk as well . Maybe my points not well articulated , maybe you disagree, maybe you'd like the comments on another thread (which ain't gonna happen) I do like that snickering dog dealie , I may snag that to my favorites to compliment this guy ,

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Ya he was jerk as well . Maybe my points not well articulated , maybe you disagree, maybe you'd like the comments on another thread (which ain't gonna happen) I do like that snickering dog dealie , I may snag that to my favorites to compliment this guy ,

My only point is that the idiots can be found in any generation, that's all.I read that article from the link you gave and agree. Gumball is bad and don't know why he is on the air.
    Gary
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 12-31-2007 at 1:42 PM.

Paul

I gotta agree with that article. Gumbel kept talking over Collinsworth the entire game. Chris was constantly trying to present the play, and respond to Gumbel's nonsense.
    When Gumbel questioned Collinsworth on what constituted a legal catch in the NFL........ Well. If anyone knows what constitutes a legal catch in the NFL. It's Collinsworth. He caught his share in his day.
    Maybe at one time Bryant was a good sports anouncer, but I think his time is past. His football knowledge is sorely deficient.

On a positive note. It was a good game.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 12-31-2007 at 1:45 PM.

Go Pats

Well, our first playoff game will be on Saturday nite the 12th of January. Seems like a long time from now. Oh well, as long as we don't get rusty!!!
    Gary

Go Pats

Well, our first playoff game will be on Saturday nite the 12th of January. Seems like a long time from now. Oh well, as long as we don't get rusty!!!
    Gary
    It's like a Bi week. I'm sure a lot of them need the rest. Bill will have them ready to go.

Hope it's an afternoon game, the 13th is our 35th. 35 years ago the superbowl was on the 14th- WE WATCHED IT. But I don't think I'll get away with not taking her out on the 12th this year.