Thread: V-Belt Size for Delta Contractor's Saw?

V-Belt Size for Delta Contractor's Saw?

Does anyone know the right V-belt size that comes with the new contractors saw? I just sold my old one, and gave the belt away with it. Now I have nothing to measure to replace it. The local delta/dewalt/pc store is out of them, but I have a feeling I can pick up a replacement at Ace Hardware or something. Any ideas what size?

Thanks,
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Beck View Post
    Does anyone know the right V-belt size that comes with the new contractors saw? I just sold my old one, and gave the belt away with it. Now I have nothing to measure to replace it. The local delta/dewalt/pc store is out of them, but I have a feeling I can pick up a replacement at Ace Hardware or something. Any ideas what size?

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Anything here work?
    http://www.mikestools.com/delta-tabl...elts_1843.aspx

Number on mine is 49-034 if that helps
    Happy Sawdust
    Dale

Go link belt. Woodcraft sells it in 1' and 4' sections. (It's actually cheaper to buy the 1' sections.) You can buy a few feet and make it whatever size you want.

While there is some debate about the effectiveness of link belt on some power tools, I think almost everyone would agree on a contractor saw it make a very big and very positive difference. It sure did on mine!

I Just replaced the Belt on my Jet contractors saw, with a power link..... WOW! what a difference
    Best price I found was McFeelys Only 3 days from Order to receiving

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/FPT-...ist-12quot-x-4

http://www.mcmaster.com/6173K37Twist Lock Adjustable-Length V-Belting 4L, A, Belt Type, 1/2" Belt WidthIn stock at $6.78 per Ft.

Thanks! I went an grabbed the 4' link belt from Rockler, using their 20% coupon. Came in at about $28 with tax. Quick question for those with the contractors saws...... did you use all 4'?

Thanks again,
    Kyle

[quote=Kyle Beck;833984]Thanks! I went an grabbed the 4' link belt from Rockler, using their 20% coupon. Came in at about $28 with tax. Quick question for those with the contractors saws...... did you use all 4'? Yeah, but not on one saw. You will use about 3 feet. I got lucky last winter when Grizzly had the 4' ones on sale for $12. Bought three

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Beck View Post
    Thanks! I went an grabbed the 4' link belt from Rockler, using their 20% coupon. Came in at about $28 with tax. Quick question for those with the contractors saws...... did you use all 4'?

Thanks again,
    Kyle

my jet needed 42"